cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Issue

coconutcreampie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I had finally joined Public Mobile, switching over from Wind.

However, when I tried to port my existing phone number during activation, it has given me an error. I made sure to keep my Wind number/account active (no outstanding balances, paid till August 24) and my old account number handy for the transfer.

Upon trying to port many times without success and I was eager to try Public Mobile, I activated anyway with a new number knowing I am able to port my old number over later. Similar to yesterday, I am following the instructions to port my number in Plan Add-Ons > Change Phone Number but still received the error "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number". I am the main owner of my Wind account so I am unsure why the port is not working? I had two phones attached to my Wind account and one of those numbers ported to another carrier before mine, I hope Wind is not giving me issues because they flagged me in some way?

My Wind billing cycle ends on August 24 so I would really hope to resolve this porting number issue before that date if possible 😞 Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Trying Public Mobile for a day, I must say I am loving it! it is so nice to have reception in buildings again!

Cheers 🙂

36 REPLIES 36

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Rockdaddy22

Thank you for your concern, 

@chilli0613 situation is a little different, we are following up via private. 

Thanks 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Shazia_K do you think you could also help @chilli0613 could be a similar issue. Thank you 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @coconutcreampie

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you please send me the following info via private message? I will need it to look into the port request:

-Public Mobile SIM card number

-Porting number

-Account number with WIND

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm sorry you guys experienced these issues, @Shazia_K or @Mary_M could you please take a look at these two cases. Like @Pier said, they should be able to solve this for you guys pretty quickly. Welcome to the PM family both of you. 🙂

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello guys,

Sorry to hear that, I have never had that problem as I ported out many numbers to PM. Please send your name and phone number+ the number you want to port, in a private message, to Mary_M and she will look into the issue asap. Be patient and I hope that will be solved soon, before tomorrow. 

Good luck!

chilli0613
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

same as me, i have been waiting for 2 days for porting from CHATR, no luck

Need Help? Let's chat.