cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issues from Freedom

Jeff_W
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to port my number from Freedom Mobile to Public. When I did the initial request through the app, the box for the account number was character limited so I couldn't put in my full Freedom Mobile account number. As a result the port was rejected. I reached out to customer service who advised they re-sibmitted the port request with the full account number. It has been 12 hours since the request was re-submitted and my number still has not ported. When I reach back out to customer support they tell me to just keep waiting. How long do I need to wait for my port to go through? Is it normal to have to wait 12+ hours?

5 REPLIES 5

Jeff_W

Thanks everyone for the help! I called the porting number and they got it fixed. Seems like whoever inputed the request put the port date as 2024. Number is now on Public Mobile.

Tornow1500

Has a port request text message been sent to the Freedom Mobile SIM card? You will have to reply “YES” to that message in order for the number port to be initiated. You may need to restart the process though because the text is probably expired. Hope this helps!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff_W   Do you still have the Freedom sim in your phone to receive the port authorization text from them?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeff_W 

There is a number to call to talk to live support.  You can provide them the correct account number so they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff_W 

call Porting team to  update and account number.  I will send you the porting team number, check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.