cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue

mohaimen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I just ported from Freedom, got an authorization message to which I replied "YES". My Public Mobile SIM is also working, I am able to make calls and use data. Number is fine as well, BUT I got a text just after porting from Public Mobile that there was a "trouble porting the number" due a "incorrect account number". I also didn't receive any email from Public Mobile even though my email is correct. 

Should I just ignore the text since I am using my number just fine? 

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I concur that you should send a msg to CSA to confirm the successful port before you discard that email.

mohaimen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mohaimen wrote:

Hi, 

I just ported from Freedom, got an authorization message to which I replied "YES". My Public Mobile SIM is also working, I am able to make calls and use data. Number is fine as well, BUT I got a text just after porting from Public Mobile that there was a "trouble porting the number" due a "incorrect account number". I also didn't receive any email from Public Mobile even though my email is correct. 

Should I just ignore the text since I am using my number just fine? 

Thank you! 

@mohaimen   I pm'd you the Telus porting number, but I'm not sure you need it if you're saying your service is working properly.  Perhaps there was a typo in the email being registered, not sure.

Edit:  If everything is working with your phone service inc. number, then you should be able to ignore the message you're getting.  Errant messages do happen around here, unfortunately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mohaimen 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy....

Need Help? Let's chat.