cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue - More than 2 hours.

Exhile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

First time posting in this community. This Saturday morning I decided to port a phone number out of PM and in to Telus. I didn't receive a text message from PM to authorize PM of the "yes" approval to port to Telus. The smartphone with the PM SIM still has my phone number and does not connect any wireless network. The Telus SIM has a temporary phone number and is connected to the Telus network. I waited 90 minutes for the text message from PM but did not receive the text message. I have been waiting all Saturday for the porting of my phone number. I believe I need a PM CS_Agent to resend the text message request for me to approve the "porting" of my phone number. I have already contacted Telus twice about this issue but to no availability. 

Anyone that can assist me I would be very appreciative of. 

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Exhile 

Wow now you can download movies in the blink of an eye! That's a valid reason. Did you have a grandfathered plan with full speed 4G LTE data? Anyhow if customer support or telus has not initiated your port request yet and you would like the telus porting department phone number to initiate your port request yourself just ask and I will send you the phone number. Otherwise put your seatbelt on and take the handbrake off as you are about to merge onto the autobahn information superhighway! 

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Exhile

I left Public Mobile because Telus offers 5G network connectivity. 

Exhile

My intention is to leave PM for Telus because of the 5G network technology Telus offers. The accumulated reward points are not relevant to my "porting" situation. My PM account is in good standing order and has never been suspended. 

The only possible reason I can think of as to why I did not receive a PAT is because I removed the PM SIM too early and inserted the Telus SIM instead. However, the PAT would still be "on hold"/"not read"/"waiting" if I were to reinsert the PM SIM would it not?

Exhile

If I cannot resolve this "porting issue" by Sunday morning until Sunday afternoon, I will definitely go to a Telus store for assistance.

Exhile

I believe the issue is me not receiving a PAT.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Exhile 

When you try to log into the Public Mobile self-serve account, what does the 'Status' read as?

Active, or otherwise?

If inactive, that is why PM didn't send you the SMS - you cannot receive it as your PM service isn't active.

Personally, unless you're through with Public Mobile, why leave?  Did they entice you with freebies to switch up?   That's usually their modus operandi.

Reach PM this way, but in reality, since you've moved to the highest tier within TELUS, their live agents should be able to assist you since that's one of the 'perks' of going to higher tiers:

Customer Support Agents can help.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Exhile 

Well now that your port request was cancelled because you didn't receive the porting authorization text (PAT) here's a little FYI just in case.....if your intention is to leave pm forever well we are sorry to see you go....but if you have accumulated rewards (that are now grandfathered and much better than the new points program) and intended to keep the account or give it to a friend or family member to continue to enjoy saving with rewards porting your number would automatically close the account and you forfeit any balances, credits, rewards, add ons or promotions you may have and you lose all access to the account including the ability to remove your autopay card.

Because you intend to port your number to telus you could possibly save your pm account if you wish for the above purpose by chatting with customer support. If your account is not active because your plan has suspended for non payment ( which may be your issue for not receiving the PAT) normally you would have to reactivate to port out however that is not necessary when porting to telus or koodo. Contact customer support if this is the case so you can approve the port request without receiving the PAT before asking telus to reinitiate the port request.

Never thought of donating your account to someone who would appreciate being able to save on their mobile plan? If so private message me as I can pass it on to deserving individuals.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Exhile 

Seems like you are doing all the right steps. Since Telus is the parent company of PM. There should be no issues in porting your old number to Telus. 
You might are to drop into a Telus store to help you with the porting.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Exhile wrote:

Hi there,

First time posting in this community. This Saturday morning I decided to port a phone number out of PM and in to Telus. I didn't receive a text message from PM to authorize PM of the "yes" approval to port to Telus. The smartphone with the PM SIM still has my phone number and does not connect any wireless network. The Telus SIM has a temporary phone number and is connected to the Telus network. I waited 90 minutes for the text message from PM but did not receive the text message. I have been waiting all Saturday for the porting of my phone number. I believe I need a PM CS_Agent to resend the text message request for me to approve the "porting" of my phone number. I have already contacted Telus twice about this issue but to no availability. 

Anyone that can assist me I would be very appreciative of. 

You need to call Telus again. They will do everything needed to fix the porting. Don't hang up with them until they fix the porting request and don't let them pass you around.

Need Help? Let's chat.