cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue: Cannot Receive calls or SMS after signing up on Public Mobile

HoliBioHackrSan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I cannot receive incoming calls or SMS after switching to Public Mobile.  How do I contact the porting team to re-initiate the process?

3 REPLIES 3

HoliBioHackrSan

@hTideGnow 

At the time of signing up, I thought I was done. I went back to work and missed the text from the old carrier.  I had to call PM porting team to resend the port transfer request.  I called the old carrier to bypass the authorization within 90 minutes.  The old carrier did it after verifying with one of my frequent callers.  After they bypassed it, I got a text from PM.    So it's working now.  The thing is if a customer misses the text there should have been a subsequent retry text to eliminate this back and forth.  I also wished that there was information about how to do a port transfer and expectation of a text message.  Anyway it's all working now after back and forth with both carriers.

Jwheeringa

I ported from Freedom - no text reply required ...its been a day without a bunch of calls and texts 😞 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @HoliBioHackrSan 

Did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Need Help? Let's chat.