cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Complete but messaging not working

earlngladys
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My porting is complete but my phone still shows the phone number is "UNKNOWN".  I've completed Level 1 troubleshooting and still no resolve. When I click on SIM card status I get "Network: Public Mobile, mobile network state: disconnected, service state: in service".  I cannot receive or send texts so I cannot complete my account setup because I cannot get the 6 digit number. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

thanks @earlngladys for reporting back

@earlngladys  Thank you for reporting back to us to clarify what was needed to be done to fix . Now we can inform all the others  that are going through same thing . Welcome to public mobile goofily the ride starts to smooth out now . Just avoid the pot holes 🙂

earlngladys

Thank you. This was not something I was able to troubleshoot on my own. The CS agent reset my network settings, directed me to shut off my phone and remove SIM card for five minutes and then reinsert and restart phone. I am FINALLY able to use my phone for calls and messages. 

earlngladys

Thanks. I have sent a private message.  I am waiting for a reply.

earlngladys

Yes. That was done and completed. Customer service confirmed my previous provider released the number.

earlngladys

I can only click on "resend code". I have done that four times and they just send another code to my messages...I do not get the option you show above.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@earlngladys  Public mobile has been struggling with new activations . Please 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1712510589066.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

HOW do you know porting was 'complete'?
Did you follow porting procedure to the letter?

If you did not receive or cannot receive your 2FA code by SMS - Click on: ‘Didn’t get a code’ and you will get more options. Chose email.

Yummy_0-1712510123770.pngYummy_1-1712510126556.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @earlngladys can you receive inbound calls?? not sure if porting really completed, please check with porting team. I have sent the number to your community inbox.

Sabrina_P
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you put your old SIM in another phone to get the text message from your old provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.