cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported the wrong phone number

fwbaillie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just set up my account and after finishing I checked my phone. It shows that I ported my home phone rather than my cell number. How can this be fixed so I have the correct number for my cell phone. My home number is still working but the cell isn't.

27 REPLIES 27

@fwbaillie   Okay, great...good to hear you have managed to transfer your number.  Thanks for clarifying and welcome to PM.

fwbaillie

I've accepted this answer but several people told me what to do and I didn't do it. The answer is to call the Telus number they'll give you and they look after it. I had to put my Bell SIM card back in to get the bell message asking me if that's what I wanted. After I said YES I put PM's back in and all worked perfectly. I checked and Bell had cancelled my account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fwbaillie   Have you managed to transfer your number?  If so perhaps update with what you did to get it resolved as that will help others.

I realize you picked my recent response as the solution, but it's not clear to me if you've managed to get your issue resolved?  Thanks.

@fwbaillie   Sorry, I thought you had got it resolved yesterday, didn't you pick a solution?  

If you followed my advice on this forum plus the couple of exchanges via pm, then you should have called the porting #  I gave you/or called Bell/or sent a message to CSA.  Did you call them?  I think you mentioned that you submitted a ticket, have you heard back from CSA?

But definitely if you want to keep your previous cell number from Bell then, as already advised by @softech, don't cancel your service with them until the transfer is complete.    You can take a temporary number for now and ask  Bell to resubmit the transfer request text (if they didn't previously) so that you can respond with a YES within the 90 minutes time frame allowed.

fwbaillie

Thanks - the phone number's been removed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fwbaillie 

It's best that you click on the arrow on the right side of your post and edit out your phone number. You probably don't want any more spam calls than you get already.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@fwbaillie wrote:

As the land line seems to be OK how do I fix the cell number problem? I could take a new number and cancel my Bell cell phone account. Does that make sense?

@fwbaillie 

NO!!... do not cancel the Bell account if you are porting your Bell account into PM!!  If you closed the account yourself, you won't be able to port the number into PM and you will lost your number

are you trying to port from Bell?  you requested already by My Account, right? (I think you said you did)

If you already requested to port from Bell, you should get a text from Bell and you need to reply YES to approve the porting within 90 minutes.  If you have not done so or missed the 90 minutes, you will have to call the Porting team again to ask them to retrigger the text

DO NOT cancel Bell account.  Once the porting is done, your Bell account will be closed automatically.  You do not need to do anything. 

fwbaillie

I have contacted Magicjack, the provider for my landline and they said they have no record of a request to port that number. They now have a note in my account not to port the number.

As the land line seems to be OK how do I fix the cell number problem? I could take a new number and cancel my Bell cell phone account. Does that make sense?

@fwbaillie wrote:

it, I can't receive any calls. It is not a huge deal if we can't port over the Bell number as I basically only use it for an account 2nd verification, that's the only reason I have one.

@fwbaillie   porting is not completed.  It is not good, 

did you receve a text from Bell to approve the porting?  you should have received it from Bell and you need to reply within 90 minutes

No worry if you missed it, you need to call the Porting team again and ask them for a porting update and possibly to re-trigger the text.  Yes,  that same porting team help both Telus and PM, so, you did get the correct number. (Telus owns PM and PM sharing some service with Telus like that team).  Please call and get it sort out.  If not, you will be keep paying both Bell and PM until number is ported

@fwbaillie wrote:

OK - 2 things. I gave the wrong information about my carrier, my landline is with Magicjack whom I will phone this morning when they're online. So far it is working fine,

You should be ok since you have a 2nd port after and that should override the first one.  But be safe, call Magicjack to confirm 

fwbaillie

OK - 2 things. I gave the wrong information about my carrier, my landline is with Magicjack whom I will phone this morning when they're online. So far it is working fine, My cell phone was with Bell and while I can call out on it, I can't receive any calls. It is not a huge deal if we can't port over the Bell number as I basically only use it for an account 2nd verification, that's the only reason I have one.

Secondly, I have received answers from the following - softech, darllicious, Meow,S--S, pakaraa and dabr, I'm really confused as to what's correct.. The only thing I;ve done is follow dabr's instructions.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fwbaillie 

Don't change any numbers in your account. You would have to verbally authorize your landline port anyways but to be absolutely sure the port fails call Bell and tell them you unequivocally do not authorize the port and have them deny the port request from pm to port in your landline number. Once bell confirms they gave denied the request you can call the telus porting department or ask customer support to submit a port request for your cell phone number Make sure you have your old sim card in your cell phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. Your cell phone number port will complete within a few minutes to a maximum 2 hours.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@fwbaillie   your menat you are using MagicJack for home?  which one is your cell line?

fwbaillie

Interestingly, I use Magicjack as you probably know is a VOIP service. Their phone help will be open tomorrow, I'll check with them then.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You picked Wrong solution!

If you ported your land line there is high chances your land line account is Closed. I might be wrong, but you should call your land line provider and ask them can you have your line and number back.

This is really unfortunate and I hope you will be able to get number back.

Let us know how it goes. I am interested to hear is it possible to reverse your mistake.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fwbaillie 

you're welcome
glad to hear that, you did right and also the number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number.

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting (publicmobile.ca)

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

and after 5 hours, and do again Rebooting your phone, if still not complete, call that number another member send to your private message, 

• or you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

@fwbaillie wrote:

Thanks, I didn't think it would be that easy.

My land line is working fine.

The cell phone now, under settings shows the correct number, great.

I can call out from my cell phone but at this time I can't receive a call on it. I see from other posts that it can take some time for that to get through Bell's system so hopefully that's the problem..

Thanks again for your quick and great help!!!

@fwbaillie   you replied the text with a YES from your previous provider?   If you reply within 90 minutes, then all good.  Just reboot your phone every 15 mins for an update

However, if you have not receive the text yet or not reply yet, you might need to call back the Porting Support team and ask them to re-trigger the text 

fwbaillie

Thanks, I didn't think it would be that easy.

My land line is working fine.

The cell phone now, under settings shows the correct number, great.

I can call out from my cell phone but at this time I can't receive a call on it. I see from other posts that it can take some time for that to get through Bell's system so hopefully that's the problem..

Thanks again for your quick and great help!!!

@fwbaillie the Telus number is for you to call for PM issue.  Telus owns PM and PM uses the same team.   This Telus team can help you to cancel the porting request.  please try to call again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fwbaillie 

that telus port department,to help you about public mobile port number to can be cancel your request by them if them can't do it then CSA, will be help you.

Telus is group family for public mobile and Koodo,

fwbaillie

Except I was with Bell, not Telus.

I have put a ticket into a CS agent.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fwbaillie  if it was just today you requested to port , you should have enough time to correct the issue.   Call the number provided by @dabr and they can cancel the request. 

after confirming that was canceled,  you can then login to My Account and click Change Number to re-request the proper porting.

Come back and give us good news 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fwbaillie wrote:

I just set up my account and after finishing I checked my phone. It shows that I ported my home phone rather than my cell number. How can this be fixed so I have the correct number for my cell phone. My home number is still working but the cell isn't.

If you call your home number then which of your phone rings, cell or landline or both?

Contact support agents by sending them a direct msg to CS_Agent they should be able to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fwbaillie 

note, it may take up to 3 to 7 business days for landline number transfers. You may experience mixed service during this time until the transfer is complete.

but for mobile number transfers,

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fwbaillie 

wait a minute your port your landline home number to public mobile.. but you need to porting your cell phone and keep your landline home number, as is right ! you did put it a wrong number in port and now you need to change it, to right one! 

first call to your carrier landline home number see the getting the request processing for Transferring to public mobile. them can cancel it, or if you can do the change number online with public mobile, but you need to make sure !! to you not losing your number from other carrier.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fwbaillie    That's unfortunate.  I'll private message you the Telus porting number and maybe they can help you with this otherwise you'll need to submit a ticket via the chabtot bubble bottom right of the screen and ask for assistance or send a private message to CS_Agent.

Here's couple of links for support mentioned above:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fwbaillie 

You can change your phone number, go to your Self Serve Account here link,

and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a wireline number from another provider.
Need Help? Let's chat.