cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from Rogers unable to receive incoming calls

Ninny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up with Public Mobile on Jan. 11/22.  During activation I selected the option to port my phone number from Rogers.  After activation I was immediately able to make outgoing calls, receive email and can communicate by text messages. However, I can't receive incoming calls.  When someone calls me, they get a message "the customer you are calling is not available, call back later".  I read on here that in order for the phone number to be ported from Rogers, my old Rogers SIM card must be in the phone in order to receive a text message from them.  However, my previous phone was lost in late December and I don't have the old SIM card.  I had to get a new phone.  I contacted Rogers and they said everything is fine on their end.  So now how do I get this phone working properly so I can receive incoming calls?

31 REPLIES 31

moonmack

Thanks for the suggestions.

I got the problem solved.  I ended up live chatting with a Fido Representative, who gave the Fido's porting number.  They approved the port for a limited time and then I live chatted with a Public Mobile agent who did the port.  Then, after about 1.5 hours I got a text on the ported number that things are working and I should reboot the phone.  So it seems like everything is ported now.  I no longer allows me to log into my Fido account, so it seems that they acknowledge the port too.

It looks like I did get billed by Fido for 6 days of service for which I had no working SIM, but I'm just glad the port is completed now.

@moonmack wrote:

I’m having the same problem porting from a Fido iPad plan to a Public Mobile phone plan.  The Fido SIM seems inoperative, and the Public Mobile has the ported phone number.  I can make outgoing calls and use data, but incoming calls get the same error message as the original poster.  Since the SIM was an iPad plan, I didn’t receive a text message to reply to.  What should I do now?  

Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate post.  I couldn’t find me post I thought I wrote a few hours ago so maybe it didn’t save or something.

@moonmack - or, you may also submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@moonmack 

The fido sim card had a phone number tied to it so did you ever use it in a phone? Try it in your phone and see if you can make a call or if you get that very delayed PAT (porting authorization text) long since expired. If the sim card has any service then you know for sure the port failed and you will need customer support or the telus porting department to reinitiate the port request and if you do get the PAT a second time ensure you reply YES within 90 minutes of recieving it. I will supply you with the telus porting department phone # in your private messages but I will dig up Rogers port out  department number so you can call them first to determine what their normal process is for authorizing a data plan port request. I just have to remember where I have that number stored?

moonmack

I’m having the same problem porting from a Fido iPad plan to a Public Mobile phone plan.  The Fido SIM seems inoperative, and the Public Mobile has the ported phone number.  I can make outgoing calls and use data, but incoming calls get the same error message as the original poster.  Since the SIM was an iPad plan, I didn’t receive a text message to reply to.  What should I do now?  

Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate post.  I couldn’t find me post I thought I wrote a few hours ago so maybe it didn’t save or something.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny 

I'm happy to hear you were able to finally verbally authorize your port from Rogers. Did Rogers customer service give you the number to their porting department?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Ninny   surprise it is that quick .. but welcome to PM.  Enjoy

Ninny

I contacted a CS agent. They investigated and resubmitted the porting request.  As soon as they submitted it, I called Rogers and gave "verbal" authorization for the port request.  Within less than a minute after they gave the authorization, the problem was fixed!!  Yeah!!  Thank you for your help!  Great community here!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations @Ninny !

Ninny

I was able to give verbal authorization to the "porting" department at Rogers!  Within minutes the issue was resolved!! 

pkaraa

I hope Rogers system is not waiting for a verification SMS reply from you. As there should be some way to authorize the porting out if the phone has been lost and there is no SIM to reply from. 

Contacting PM support agents is another verified request to Rogers as this is coming from a company not a person on the phone. 

@Ninny 

Anytime. That's what we're here for. I am always happy to help!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

As for others going off the rails, you don't want to know how many hours I have put in dealing with that over the last couple of days alone.

@ShawnC13 I can only imagine 😱

Ninny

I sent CSA a message a few minutes ago so hopefully will get it resolved.  Thanks for you help.  Much appreciated.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny 

Customer support can make the request as well. Make sure you also tell the CSA that you don't have the sim card from Rogers and you have verbally authorized the port. You should have a reply from a CSA within an hour.

Ninny

I didn't have any success calling so I sent a private message to the CS Agent. Hopefully they can resolve it for me as I'm going in circles.  Appreciate the help here!

I saw the title and looked in the thread.  Not slapping hands just asking people to follow what PM has set out for guidelines.  As for others going off the rails, you don't want to know how many hours I have put in dealing with that over the last couple of days alone.

it just gets more frustrating to see someone who knows better than the comment that I got it quicker than they figured it would get picked up.  It is like were trying to play a game with my time.  When I would much rather be helping customers!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny 

Ok so as far as Rogers is concerned you have verbally authorized the port and now you just have to reinitiate the port request because the original one expired after 90 minutes had passed without a YES reply to the PAT (porting authorization text) that you couldn't recieve. So as before call the telus porting department with your Rogers account #. Rogers should release the phone number right away if they have taken your verbal authorization.

Although ports can take up to 2 hours to complete if you do not get incoming calling or see your Rogers account has been cancelled within 1 hour of your port request call Rogers back to ensure that your verbal authorization was accepted before it expires after 90 minutes.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@esjliv that doesn't make sense by posting the number it draws more attention to your post?  Please follow what PM has asked with the distribution of that number.

@ShawnC13  - well, it wouldn't have been there for long, but I am guessing you got tipped off really quickly on this...

What? other members can go 'off the rails' but I get my hand slapped this?

That's okay. I still respect you.

@esjliv that doesn't make sense by posting the number it draws more attention to your post?  Please follow what PM has asked with the distribution of that number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@esjliv so really why do it in the first place?  Send it in a PM next time please lol.

@ShawnC13  - to help OP, course.

Well, I was going to give credits to @0PX9O4 , but wanted to give the OP a chance to see the number and refer to their Private Message from 0PX0O4, not me.

@esjliv so really why do it in the first place?  Send it in a PM next time please lol.

Gee thanks @ShawnC13, you beat me to the punch at the 10 minute mark...I was going to give about 15 mins.

😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ninny wrote:

The old Rogers SIM card is in the phone that was lost. So no way for me to get a SMS message.

@Ninny 

oh.. ok. but you need to contact CSA.

@Ninny wrote:

I spoke with Rogers Customer Support yesterday and today and they are telling me there is nothing wrong on their end.  They said I need to contact Public to get the issue resolved. I will contact telus porting department as I'm not getting anywhere with Rogers.  Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate it.

@Ninny  - sounds like Rogers did not get the request to port over?

Call the Porting Team at EDITED: Phone number removed to inquire about your port. This number is for PORTING issues ONLY.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

OR, alternatively - submit a ticket to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Edited by: ShawnC13

Ninny

The old Rogers SIM card is in the phone that was lost. So no way for me to get a SMS message.

Ninny

I spoke with Rogers Customer Support yesterday and today and they are telling me there is nothing wrong on their end.  They said I need to contact Public to get the issue resolved. I will contact telus porting department as I'm not getting anywhere with Rogers.  Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny 

Did you verify your account with Rogers and verbally authorize the port request? They have a dedicated line for verbal authorizations that is usually used for landlines but can be used for mobile ports when you no longer have the sim card. Call Rogers customer service first to see if you need to reinitiate the port request or if you can just verbally authorize it now and/or get the info required to authorize the next port request when you call the telus porting department. Make sure you have the Rogers account # ready when you call telus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ninny 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

0PX9O4

@Ninny 

Depending on what the porting team tells you, it's possible that you may need to get in touch with the PM team anyway, since your old SIM is not usable anymore for verification purposes.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny did you approve the port in any way with Rogers?

The previous provider's account must stay open until the port completes.

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

In the meantime -

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

Need Help? Let's chat.