cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number eSIM activated but no network bars showing can make calls through

RavD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I ported my number over to Public Mobile earlier today. It seems the number ported over correctly I’m able to make and receive calls and cellular data is working but the network bars on top right hand corner of the phone (iPhone 13 pro) are not there and neither is the Public Mobile network identifier on top left hand corner .

When I go to settings and select cellular, it doesn’t present me within the usual menu options regarding cellular data network , roaming, and all the apps that are enabled for cellular data, statistics etc.

I don’t know if it’s a problem with eSIM or porting. All the iOS options show up correctly when I insert my virgin physical sim but that network is already disconnected 

i made a ticket but no one has responded 

did any of y’all ever face such a problem & can anyone help please?

rgds

Rav’s

4 REPLIES 4

RavD
  • Thank you, Dunkman Yes, I’ve done that too. Couple of times.

RavD

Hi softech

thank you for your prompt response. Appreciate it. 
Yes, I had done all those things before I posted but just for good measure I did it again 

Here is what I see. No network bars and only the few limited menu options below under settings cellular Much different From your screenshot. 

IMG_3407.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RavD 

best to confirm if porting was successful is to remove  the old carrier sim

if your old carrier has a physical sim card, remove it form your phone
If your old carrier has an esim, please disable the old carrier esim by toggle off "Turn on this line".  Then go back to Public Mobile esim and make sure "Turn on this line" is toggled on for PM esim, and make sure it is now set as Primary.  Then try to make and receive calls again, and check data

iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RavD 

Remove your Virgin mobile physical SIM card.  Reboot the phone.  If that does not work, you might want to try a Network reset of your phone. Note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords.  

Need Help? Let's chat.