cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number and not working

HelenPhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received a welcome txt message from Public Mobile, and still its doesn’t work after I restarted the phone. I’m able to make call out but couldn’t text out or receive any text messages, data doesn’t work neither.

4 REPLIES 4

@HelenPhan    If this was from a landline, it can take longer to port the number.  Does your old carrier account still work?  Did you call the phone number that @hTideGnow and @softech gave you?

HelenPhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I never receive any text from my old carrier, I believed because it was specified as a landline

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @HelenPhan 

Did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HelenPhan 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.