cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from Rogers to Public

loschindler13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported from Rogers to Public yesterday, and I can confirm that I am active on Public network

But my Rogers accounts till shows active

And Rogers and Public have same phone number registed

I do not want to keep paying for my Rogers service

Doesn't the port auto cancel my Rogers service ?

Ludy

8 REPLIES 8

@loschindler13  Fingers crossed 🙂

@loschindler13 

if you still not recevie the text from Rogers, you have to call Rogers and ask them if they receive the request and why not text was sent out to you

loschindler13

Thanks everyone I contacted the ports team at Public

They re-initiated the port request from Rogers to Public

and the agent waited on hold till the port msg from Rogers to Public completed

I am awaiting the allotted 3 hrs, and hoping that the port will complete successfully this time

loschindler13

HI everyone

thanks for quick response

1- yes i received port request from rogers on my old sim, and yes we responded, yes we approved this port,

and received from Rogers, approved msg

2- with Public sim installed, we can complete outgoing call

3- with Public sim installed, looks like inbound phone calls going straight to Voicemail

I will contact live port phone number provided

Thank you

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @loschindler13   make sure you do not cancel your Rogers account.  Your porting was not done

did you reply YES to Rogers text to approve the porting?  Maybe not?

Call the porting team and confirm if the porting was completed and they can help.  Will send you the porting team number.  Check your Community inbox 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@loschindler13 - you need to restart the porting process by contacting a Public representative, as the porting approval seems to have not taken place.

You can submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@loschindler13 

do you notice you are not receiving incoming calls?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@loschindler13 

Sounds like a stuck in port issue .

Will send you porting team number

For live support to fix the issue

Private message . Top of page envelope icon

Additional info on porting

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Need Help? Let's chat.