cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from Bell Pay as you Go, can't send/receive texts or receive calls

year_73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number a few days ago from Bell Pay as you go.

- I can make calls.

- When I am called a message says "5ut1 You have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service".

- When sending a text, it says "sending" and then appears to have sent, but the recipient never gets it.

- I am not receiving texts either.

If I look under my network settings (I am on Android), it shows Public Mobile for calls and texts, but it is grayed out.It says it is using Public Mobile for the SIM card.

I have rebooted, but it didn't help.

found my own solution Solved 

4 REPLIES 4

year_73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I exchanged DMs with a CS Agent and were able to resolve the issue. The number had been properly ported. The agent refreshed the provisioning and after a restart the SIM worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@year_73 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

if you can't fix it you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@year_73 Sound like  a porting issue or provisioning

just to confirm, you have reply the PAT (Port Authentication Text) with a YES within 90 minutes?  

Usually, even porting is not completed, you should be able to make calls and text out, just not receiving.  If you have already replied the PAT within the time, I think it is a SIM provision issue and you need to open ticket with PM

Please open a ticket by clicking on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.   Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker

1. type: Activation
  2. click "Activation isn't working"
  3. click "Other/Error code 821"
  4. click "Contact Us"
  5. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  6. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.