cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Okay, No service

SummerStardust
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently had switched from another provider and got a message that my number was fully ported and the switch was successful, and account with Telus was closed, but it's still saying "no service" 

tried restarting and pulled the sim out and put it back in, still no luck @CS_Agent

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SummerStardust please note that "NO SERVICE" has nothing to do with your port.  It's either an activation error (which is rare but can happen from time to time), or, more likely, you are trying to use an incompatible phone or one that is locked to another carrier.  Did you check for compatibility on willmyphonework.net?  If not, please do so.  OR, list your brand and model (be as specific as possible with the model number) and we can help determine compatbility.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sdt1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@SummerStardust wrote:

Recently had switched from another provider and got a message that my number was fully ported and the switch was successful, and account with Telus was closed, but it's still saying "no service" 

tried restarting and pulled the sim out and put it back in, still no luck @CS_Agent

Hello @SummerStardust! You might need to refresh the network provider settings on your device, with your PM SIM inserted.

To do this, go to Settings --> ...More --> Mobile Networks --> Network Operators. Let your device search for available networks.Select 'Public Mobile' from the list of networks. If Public Mobile is not listed, then select 'Choose Automatically". Next, click on "Access Point Names" from the 'Mobile Network settings' menu. Make sure that 'Mobile Internet (sp.mb.com)' is selected. Next, click on "Preferred network type" from the 'Mobile Network settings' menu. Select LTE. 

Now, see if your phone connects to Public Mobile. If still showing No Service, try restarting your phone once more. If still No Service after reboot, then contact the Moderators for further assistance ( @CS_Agent ). Hope this helps! Cheers.

I am not a Moderator. Please do not send me private messages with your personal information.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

It seems to sometimes take a while for an MNP to update/sync across the network.  I've done a bunch of ports (for friends/referrals), after worrying over the first few I learned to just let the phone sit uninterrupted overnight and restart the device in the morning, it's always worked (so far).  (I'm not superstitious, I just enjoy not stressing over little things which fix themselves, lol.)

It takes a day or two *if* ticket volumes are large.  Typically, things are addressed (ie first contact) within 2-3 hours.  During regular business hours.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

get in touch with a mod soon. it takes a day or 2 for them to reply!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SummerStardust wrote:

How long has it beens ince your port?  Is your old sim working, as sometimes the port gets hung up and your old sim will still be active.  If this has been over 4 hours I would recommend messaging the MODs a link is in my signature.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SummerStardust 

It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards.

If it has been 24 hours since you ported, the port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.