cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Number Is Out Of Service

Crystallee64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new customer. I cancelled my Service with Rogers first. Then activated with PM. A PM rep helped me port my number. I can make outgoing calls, send text messages, the data is working. When trying to call my phone, it says the number is out of service. Its been about an hour since I've unlocked my phone. I have an iphone 6s. What do I do please?

5 REPLIES 5

@bushliving wrote:

my ported number is not working either, but I hadn't cancelled it with Bell, but my service was suspended... is this the same issue?  I need a new number? thanks

The service must be active to port a number. You'll have to reactivate your Bell service to port the phone number.

bushliving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my ported number is not working either, but I hadn't cancelled it with Bell, but my service was suspended... is this the same issue?  I need a new number? thanks

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Crystallee64 wrote:

Thank you. I think I'll just change the number then. How do I do that?

Hi @Crystallee64 to change your number, log into your account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca). On the main overview page, under the section titled “My Profile” (on the right side of the page), there is a link to “change number”. Click on the link and you will be able to select a new number.

Crystallee64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I think I'll just change the number then. How do I do that?

@Crystallee64 wrote:

I'm a new customer. I cancelled my Service with Rogers first. Then activated with PM. A PM rep helped me port my number. I can make outgoing calls, send text messages, the data is working. When trying to call my phone, it says the number is out of service. Its been about an hour since I've unlocked my phone. I have an iphone 6s. What do I do please?

Sorry, but you cannot port over a cancelled number.  if you still wish to do this, you must contact Rogers and reactivate your service.  Because you first cancelled your Rogers service, your number transfer request has failed/will fail.  After you get Rogers to reactivate your service, you will then need to contact Public Mobile's moderators by sending a message to Moderator_Team to perform another phone numberr porting request.

Need Help? Let's chat.