cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port request is complete but when my number is called it says there is no service

mickleja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure how this can be fixed. The port request has been completed, my account is active, but I am still unable to receive phone calls or send texts. Can someone help with this?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mickleja   Have you rebooted your phone? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you receive texts? Browse the internet using cell data (not wifi)?

Where is the no service you mention? On your phone? Or the caller hears that? What exactly does the caller hear if so? What do you see on your phone when someone tries to call in?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mickleja Try to reboot your phone once again 

Also, you have another phone you can test your sim card?

if none of these help, open ticket with PM support as advised above and they can check the backend to confirm if the setup was done properly 

@mickleja Hi you may have a provisioning issue with your account you

need the help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them 

here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mickleja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No I have phoned into porting centre and they confirmed that it was complete. 

Yes I did answer the text message from my old carrier. Service from the old carrier is no longer working.

Any ideas about what I can do to resolve this?

@mickleja wrote:

Not sure how this can be fixed. The port request has been completed, my account is active, but I am still unable to receive phone calls or send texts. Can someone help with this?

Thank you!

How do you know it's complete?  Are you going only by the on-screen message on the Public Mobile website when you submited teh request? That will say "successful" immediately even though porting has not completed.  

Did you answer the text message from your old carrier to approve the number transfer?  Check i fthe service from your old carrier is still working.

Need Help? Let's chat.