Port problem from textnow

Jmem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

My port was unsuccessful, can you help?

16 REPLIES 16

@softech wrote:

We have @LitlLdy confirmed that TextNow is not taking Canadian number

So, for those thinking only US TextNow Sim service is not taking Canadian number, this is untrue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/keep-alive-plan/m-p/1031254#M719632

This is an irrelevant thread. This thread is about porting OUT of Textnow.

We have @LitlLdy confirmed that TextNow is not taking Canadian number

So, for those thinking only US TextNow Sim service is not taking Canadian number, this is untrue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/keep-alive-plan/m-p/1031254#M719632

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Isn't that what I said? But hey thanks for the corroboration.

@Jmem   good news and  bad news

Good news is that some people successfully ported in their number from Textnow before after me searching some old PM post

Bad news is that the failed  Koodo eligibility check could be the reason.   And if Telus/Koodo/PM cannot take the number, no other mobile carrier can as no one else has a rate center in Belmonth.  I am still not sure while Telus cannot, it shows TELUS Integrated Communications has a rate centre there, unless it is strictly for business or landline or so and not mobility

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I would be quite certain the non-Canadian problem is only to do with the US Textnow sim service. There have been people that have ported Textnow numbers. I think the Koodo result is the problem.

@Jmem  and you might have asked TextNow, but did you emphasis you are poring to a Canadian provider?  i would not go with those Google answers,  I would go with offical TextNow reply as well as it website:

https://www.textnow.com/blog/textnow-101-porting

First: You need to have a US number. Sorry, Canada and the rest of the world, we can only port numbers that are currently with US carriers.

Jmem

Yes... submitted thru the normal process of setting up a new account and sim... I'll call that number.

@Jmem wrote:

I didn't get a PM to accept a port, and I thought I did follow the instructions correctly. .. but maybe not?

@Jmem   while most number can be ported, not all can be ported.  Three is something call Rate centre and could be an issue causing a number unable to port into another provider.  

If you have not submitted a porting request yet, message support and ask first.  This is a Belmont number but the Koodo eligiblity check (which the result applies to PM, too) already said it cannot be ported.  It could be due to rate centre issue, but it could also be beause of TextNow issue.

now I don't even need Google and I  see an potential  unsuccessful port here.. at least for now

@Jmem 

So, did you submitted a porting request and was the request accepted on the system ?  If so, you can try to call the number I sent you

If the request was rejected when you put in the request, you can message support and ask .  226-639 is a Belmont number.  Look like Telus has a rate centre there and I am surprise they don't want to port in the number

Message support here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Jmem

I didn't get a PM to accept a port, and I thought I did follow the instructions correctly. .. but maybe not?

Jmem

Yes, my brother ported his TN number without difficulty some time ago.

The number was in active use, I've had it fir quite awhile.  I did pay TN $10 on Saturday to enable a feature that is thought I needed. 

Jmem

Just did the eligibility check...

Returned this:

226-639-6759
226-639-6759

Unfortunately, this number isn't eligible to move to Koodo Mobile.

To switch to Koodo Mobile with a new number, please call us at 1-866-99-Koodo or visit a Koodo retailer.
Unfortunately, this number isn't eligible to move to Koodo Mobile.

To switch to Koodo Mobile with a new number, please visit our Web Store, call us at 1-866-99-Koodo or visit a Koodo retailer.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click up in the search bar and search 'port textnow'. People have successfully ported numbers out of Textnow.

How long have you had a Textnow number? Did you let it 'lapse' due to inactivity? Do you pay them anything?

@Jmem   you have gone through the steps to submit the porting request  (during activation? or from My Account->Profile->Transfer Number?) and PM accepted it?

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  You can ask them the porting progress  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Jmem

Yes, trying to port FROM textnow to Pub. Sent an email to TN, this is the reply:

We haven't received a porting request for your number yet at this time. Please have your carrier resubmit and ensure they are putting the request to TextNow. If they are having issues getting the request to us, please also have them use the SPID: 505B to submit the request.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jmem   port form TextNow?  from what I understand, their Canadian numbers cannot be ported out or Canadian  numbers cannot be ported in

First check the eligibility here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

Also, confirm with TextNow that you can port out the number

If YES to both, can you also explain what problem or error you got?

Need Help? Let's chat.