cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port phone number from fonus mobile

Gaku
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have asked to port my phone number from fonus mobile. It seemed to finish successfully but I still receive call and text on fonus app. Public mobile app indicates my phone number there. What do I need to do to port my phone number from fonus mobile?

3 REPLIES 3

Gaku
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fonus doesn’t text me yet. So I need to wait for it to complete the porting process, right?

@Gaku wrote:

I have asked to port my phone number from fonus mobile. It seemed to finish successfully but I still receive call and text on fonus app. Public mobile app indicates my phone number there. What do I need to do to port my phone number from fonus mobile?

The fact that your Fonus service still works means that your phone number has not been ported.  Did you reply to a text message from Fonus to approve the phone number transfer to Public Mobile?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gaku 

Fonus is VoIP provider and porting from VoIP providers take around 3 to 7 days.  So, reboot the phone every day and the day you receive incoming calls on your PM sim card, the port is completed

in the mean time, your Pm sim will be able to make outgoing calls and data will work, just not able to receive incoming 

Need Help? Let's chat.