cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port over

NFBoxer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port my Bell Aliant number over to my Public Mobile account and it stated, Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team. It never even asked me for my bell number. Tried that with no luck. The guy at Walmart told me to do it online. I selected change my number. Very frustrated. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I know.  I was surprised that they tried to pull a fast one.  Luckiey for him that I was my GF on the phone speaking with him.  Otherwise I would have given him an earful. And then I proceeded to tell my GF, thats why you stay away from Bell! Even the guy working at the store in the mall was a bit of a flake.  Because he knew we were leaving Bell (My GF divulge to much info - I told her not to say anything)

@gjong26 

It is illegal in Canada to charge for an unlock code since 2017. All carriers must unlock any device locked to their network upon request. 

@noftlestephanie 

You were given some bad information. A contract with the other company does not matter. Not even sure why that would be mentioned. 

The carrier does need to release your number. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@NFBoxer I wonder if the guy at walmart messed something up.

I ported over from Bell back in April. All I needed was:

My phone number, my account number with Bell and my Name on the Bell acccount. 

It ported over in less than 30mins. Then my Bell account qas closed automatically. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe you cancelled your Bell account premature

Talking with the moderators should fox the issue. 

Cheers

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@noftlestephanie You can totally port from Bell.  I just did it for my GF old cell phone that was locked to Bell also.  We were at the Kiosk and the agent did all the leg work for us.  But when we tried to test the network out the phone said to put in the unlock code.

Long story short, Bell tried to charge us $50 to provide the unlock code.  My GF was talking to the Bell rep and when I heard I told her that was Bull.  We called back and spoke to another agent and he gave us the code.

Since this issue everythings been good.  No issues.

@noftlestephanie that isn't true. You can port a Bell number over. Is your Bell account still active? Stay safe. 

noftlestephanie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I too was a bell customer and tried to port mine, unfortunately I was told by a moderator it wasn't possible because Public Mobile and bell Don't have a contract.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@NFBoxer 

Somewhere along the way you must have initially entered your number from Bell Aliant rather than choosing a new number from Public Mobile. They have this in place for people porting in from outside of Telus companies to prevent problems. Once you’ve chosen a temporary new PM number contact the moderators and they will port your Bell number in replacing the temp number you chose. A slight inconvenience but it ensures the port in goes smoothly. Won’t take long and you will forget all about Bell and be a happy PM customer!

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NFBoxer  Follow the instructions submit a ticket to the mods and include your Bell Aliant number and the will submit the port for you.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NFBoxer wrote:

I tried to port my Bell Aliant number over to my Public Mobile account and it stated, Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team. It never even asked me for my bell number. Tried that with no luck. The guy at Walmart told me to do it online. I selected change my number. Very frustrated. Please help.

@NFBoxer contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket mention port request   check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@NFBoxer

type" port request"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.