Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to port out of public mobile.

As I want to keep my cell number same. 

Let me know the procedure please 

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@amnahammad 

If your account has active service and you have the pm SIM card to authorize the port request there is no reason you cannot port your number into Rogers. Their inability to provide this basic service would not give me confidence in my new provider. 

Perhaps you should leave your phone number with pm for a couple more weeks while you test your new services to see if they are satisfactory before porting and losing your account along with any possible bonuses, rewards or available funds. You could call forward your pm number to your Rogers number so you wouldn't miss any pm calls while checking out Rogers service.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This is odd there should no issue with porting that number, can you get a detailed response/reasoning from Rogers?

@amnahammad 403-427-xxxx is Brocks area.  Rogers has rate centre there and no reason the number cannot be ported into Rogers.  PM does not have any plan restrictions to disallow port out.  Please call Rogers and have them check further 

@amnahammad wrote:

I provided them correct account number. What is pm account 

@amnahammad  - your PM account number can be used to port over to other providers.

It is found under the 'black box' area below in your self serve account.

esjliv_0-1623366845426.png

amnahammad

area code 403?? what is next 3 digits?

amnahammad

And I am trying to port to Rogers 

amnahammad

The first three digits are 403

@amnahammad another possible reason is the phone number itself, not your plan

While most can be ported  some numbers cannot be ported to some providers.  Each number belongs to  a rate centre.  Your new provider must have have setup in the rate centre where your number belongs too. 

What is the area code and the first 3 digits of the phone number? We can looking up the rate centre and tell you which providers have set up there

amnahammad

I provided them correct account number. What is pm account 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Maybe you are not providing your account number correctly...is your PM account active?

All plans should be portable.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

amnahammad

Tried that already but unsuccessful. 

They are telling me that I have a certain type of plan with public mobile that is not allowing me to port out of public mobile. I need to port out, thaats why need help

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@amnahammad  - go to the provider you want to switch to and they will take care of all the porting over.

Ensure your Public Mobile account is active and you have the SIM card to approve the port over to another provider.

Exceptions to this Active rule may be if you are going to Telus or Koodo. As Telus owns all these companies.

Need Help? Let's chat.