cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number

hazyg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

About 30 minutes ago I ported my number from Koodo to public mobile but unfortunately my old Koodo sim card and my new public mobile sim card aren’t working. I can neither call, text or use data. When looking at the public mobile app, I can see that the ported number has updated. I tried to submit a ticket, but it hasn’t worked due to high demand. I am in need of my phone number. 

9 REPLIES 9

hazyg

I tried that multiple times but its still the same

hazyg

That's unfortunate I really hope they respond promptly. I am getting worried ;(

@Andy85 wrote:

Oh ok, so yes, try to contact the number I sent you in your community inbox. They are likely closed at the moment but they will be able to retrigger the process if you call them tomorrow morning 🙂 

This is the type of situation that the Telus porting team shouldn't be contacted for. The Public Mobile service hnot working at all isn't a porting issue and that issue would need to be fixed before any psosible porting issue. This is an issue with Public Mobile account setup and provisioning of service and something only that a Public Mobile customer support agent can assist with.  If in doubt, customers should always be going through Public Mobile's customer support agents.  It's also important to remember that all support at Public Mobiel is provided online only and especially new customers need to become used to that.

SashimiNinja

You have to disable your old SIM card from your phone settings. You can go into settings, then cellular, and then choose PM SIM to be enabled and the old one to be disabled. It should work!

Alex_v90

Restart your phone. This sounds kinda what happened to me when I switched to Public. I restarted and voila, everything was working the way it was supposed to 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oh ok, so yes, try to contact the number I sent you in your community inbox. They are likely closed at the moment but they will be able to retrigger the process if you call them tomorrow morning 🙂 

hazyg

I replied, yes, but when I did, it had been an hour since the porting process begun. My new Sim card was in my phone but I realized that I needed to have my old Sim card in my phone. I’m worried that it might’ve impacted the port process.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @hazyg,

Did you receive a text message on your Koodo SIM confirming if you wanted to port out your number and you had to reply YES? You can try to contact the porting team tomorrow to see if they can retrigger the porting process. I will send you their number via direct message. Please check your community inbox for details. 

Otherwise you can submit a ticket to customer service if the issue appears to be different. Here is the link to submit a ticket:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox to check it from time to time. Due to high volumes, the delays for your ticket can be 24-48 hours.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hazyg you can use this direct  link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.