cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number problem

Rashida
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I switched freedom Mobil to public Mobil. I got text message from you to give you authority within 90 minutes but I did not reply YES. I was late to reply. Pl.send again text  message request for porting number authorization. Thx. 

6 REPLIES 6

Nibor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Rashida - I put my account number in wrong during the porting process and I ended up calling the 1-800 number for the Telus porting department who helped me through the problem. Good luck! nibor

@Braams wrote:

Good luck thi happened to my father in law and it has been over 24 hours with no service.  His old cell provider ported the number and public still cant xxxxxxxxxxx get him up and running

@Braams   OP issue is likely different from yours.  You have a SIM provision issue as well.  Hang on to it , it will get resolved and it will be good from there.   Again, it is not a prefer situation , but porting and activation sometimes run into issue with any provider.    

Braams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good luck thi happened to my father in law and it has been over 24 hours with no service.  His old cell provider ported the number and public still cant get him up and running

edited by computergeek541: terms of service

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rashida 

To re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rashida wrote:

Hi, I switched freedom Mobil to public Mobil. I got text message from you to give you authority within 90 minutes but I did not reply YES. I was late to reply. Pl.send again text  message request for porting number authorization. Thx. 

@Rashida 

According to the process, you should receive another follow up text even after the first 90 minutes.

Ensure you have the previous provider's SIM in your device.

"we will automatically resend you the SMS text to validate the transfer up to 5 times between the hours of 11 AM and 8 PM ET. "

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rashida   there is a number you can call to re-trigger the process.  I will send you the number via Community inbox, envelope icon on top right. 

Need Help? Let's chat.