cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port not completed - No incoming calls

ankushgaur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ported to Public mobile from Freedom mobile. I was only able to make outgoing calls through public mobile. I realized all my incoming calls were still going through Freedom mobile. Freedom mobile has informed that first port out request was not completed. Freedom mobile asked me to contact public mobile to generate another port out request.

Can you please generate another port out request. I am being billed by both services now. This is a really weird system in Canada but for now I want to reduce the stress and requesting you to complete the port.

Freedom mobile is restoring my service after cancellation so that Public mobile can re-initiate the porting process.

My mobile number is .

Please respond.

8 REPLIES 8

moonmack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am porting from a Fido iPad mobile number into a regular phone number.  A few days ago the port seems to have half gone through - I can call out but I get the same verbal error message when calling in.  I didn’t / couldn’t respond to the text message since the iPad doesn’t receive (or at least display) text messages.  What should I do now?  The Fido SIM seems to have been deactivated.  The Public Mobile SIM displays the phone number I want.  

Thanks.

@vrajah   Yes, you need to reply the text within 90 min.  Not sure if you missed the time

But no worry, check the Community inbox, envelope icon on top right.  I will send you the phone number to call to re-trigger the process

vrajah

I have the exact same issue. I thought I replied to the SMS. In any case, would you provide me with any contact # to re-initiate the porting? In my case I am trying to port my number from Rogers. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ankushgaur 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Porting a number requires a lot of "stuff" to happen, and they don't all happen at the same time.  Public Mobile sets up your account/calling from your number, while the old account is still active... in other words - officially, the telephone system still sees + believes that the old account is still active on Freedom Mobile and calls/etc will still go there.

When porting is completed (ie. ALL steps), then everything will be working as expected.  Until then, you'll see bits and pieces of calls/messages being routed differently.

Call the Telus Porting Team and they'll be able to help you complete the process.  Sometimes, you can reply to the expired porting request and it will generate a new one.  

Edit: Glad they were able to help you!  🙂

* Sidenote: We're a community of users helping users... don't post any personal information, including your phone number (ie. edit it out!) because we don't want you, your account, nor your services to get compromised. 

ankushgaur

I called the number. They were really helpful. 

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ankushgaur : It does seem odd but it works that way. Call that number I gave. The way to really tell is to even leave your old SIM in until _it_ stops working.

ankushgaur

I checked my messages and it appears I did not respond to that message. Since I was able to make calls using my new sim card, I assumed my number is ported. How is it possible that I am making outgoing calls with one service and incoming with another? Also, what should I do now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ankushgaur : To protect against fraudulent port-outs, providers send a confirmation text when a port is requested. So you leave the original SIM in until you confirm. Did you confirm?

Edit: this is for porting issues only - porting number

Need Help? Let's chat.