cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port-in problem - incoming calls go to old SIM

wearethelius
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Messaging works as expected both in and out,  outgoing call works fine too, but incoming call are still going to the old Speakout SIM.

Port requested last night.

P.S.  Just tried to call and sms from the old Speakout SIM in another phone, still working as opposed to supposedly being disconnected.

12 REPLIES 12

wearethelius

Resolution followup:  I called Telus porting department and the lady there was very helpful.  I actually called Speakout to get hold of my PIN prior,  but she mentioned that Speakout PIN never worked and best to use IMEI.  I gave her the IMEI and we waited a few minutes which normally would get the result back, but because it was Speakout (of course) then it took longer.  After an hour or two I got a message saying porting was finished successfully which I gladly tested.

I am new here, so I suppose I should "Accept as solution" the suggestion of contacting Telus.  Another user "walker1" private PM me this suggestion first but he is not here but credit still goes to him as well.

Thanks everyone and this is a great community here and everyone is helping !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wearethelius 

I port my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without moderator assistant.  Read my post about the info I used to port my Speakout number.  Send your info to moderator and get it sorted out.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

@geopublic Please review what i have mentioned to you in the other thread.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wearethelius  Also, keep in mind if you use shortcodes for transit or 2FA (banking) they may not work for about 2 days after successfully porting over.

@wearethelius 

To contact Public Mobile for help you have 3 options:

Option 1: Ask Simon for help type your question and follow the prompts. By using this option and submitting a ticket using smartforms, you’re ensuring that Public Mobile will have all the necessary details they’ll need to help you as quickly as possible. SIMon will pre-fill your support form for you - Based on your short conversation with the virtual assistant. You will also be able to track your issue more easily because you will be issued a ticket number and PM Mods will prioritize issues coming from the smartform over regular private messages. 

simon.PNG

Option 2: If you are still having a problem then try submitting a ticket directly to the Public Mobile Moderator Team as follows:

stpm-new.png

Option 3: If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

wearethelius

That's what I did.

@wearethelius wrote:

Thanks.  I used the Speakout phone number as account number last time I ported out to PM , as many other users here suggested,  and it was successful.

@wearethelius  I'm surprised that worked in the past because many customers have reported that the phone number cannot be used as the account number and that the best way to ensure a successful port would be to use the account's PIN number.

@wearethelius wrote:

Thanks.  Tried to submit a ticket but the "Submit" button was grayed out.  After half an hour entering all the info and at the end stuck with a grayed out button.

a1.JPG

@wearethelius, try clicking the question mark in the bottom right hand of the screen and going from there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wearethelius

Thanks.  I used the Speakout phone number as account number last time I ported out to PM , as many other users here suggested,  and it was successful.

wearethelius

Thanks.  Tried to submit a ticket but the "Submit" button was grayed out.  After half an hour entering all the info and at the end stuck with a grayed out button.

a1.JPG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wearethelius wrote:

Messaging works as expected both in and out,  outgoing call works fine too, but incoming call are still going to the old Speakout SIM.

P.S.  Just tried to call and sms from the old Speakout SIM in another phone, still working as opposed to supposedly being disconnected.

@wearethelius  Speakout doesn't use account numbers so hopefully you provided the Speakout PIN or your device's IMEI when setting up the port. Otherwise the port will not be able to complete and you will receive a text message from PM to contact them.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wearethelius wrote:

Sounds like a stuck port.  

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

Your old sim is still active and you can put that back in your phone and you won't miss any calls.  When the port is complete that sim will become inactive and that is when you should switch to your PM sim

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.