cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in my existing number

timo4chen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated and port in my cell number to Public Mobile last night and when I tried to call the number it said the number is not assigned.  But dialing out seems to be fine.

4 REPLIES 4

timo4chen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The problem is resolved I called the previous carrier and it looks like they denied the port request.  I can received calls now.  Thanks everyone.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you follow exact porting procedure?

You are able to call out as PM assigns temp number. What number people see when you call them?

If porting is not completed or failed or you did not follow procedure call number provided by @Dunkman  and it will be resolved.

When porting to PM both accounts have to be active; leave OLD SIM in your phone and reply Yes to porting request within 90 min.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@timo4chen 

Did you receive the port confirmation text from your old carrier? Did you respond yes to the text ?

Looks like that you may have a stuck port.  You should be able to call and text out.  But, no incoming texts and phone calls. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

I will private message you the telus porting team phone number.  This number is used only for porting issues. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@timo4chen 

Did you leave the old SIM in your phone and reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM?

Major step to complete your porting process.

You can complete the porting by contacting a CS_Agent through private messaging on the envelope icon above or create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot bottom of page.

Need Help? Let's chat.