cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from voip.ms

jgrimes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A couple of days ago I ported a number out from voip.ms. My new phone places calls via the public mobile network now, and shows caller ID with my ported number, but calls to my number still go to the voip account. I'm not sure if text confirmations go out or not for ports on voip (I didn't get one), and their tech support group said that I should contact my new carrier to see if there are any issues.

Can someone advise me what to do?

3 REPLIES 3

jgrimes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks all.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jgrimes   what you are experiencing is entirely normal during porting.  And yes, porting from landlines and VoIP providers usually take 5 business days.    This is not a delay on the PM side, it is just the way it is..

but no worry,  good thing coming .. it just take time...

@jgrimes wrote:

A couple of days ago I ported a number out from voip.ms. My new phone places calls via the public mobile network now, and shows caller ID with my ported number, but calls to my number still go to the voip account. I'm not sure if text confirmations go out or not for ports on voip (I didn't get one), and their tech support group said that I should contact my new carrier to see if there are any issues.

Can someone advise me what to do?

The text confirmation procedure is for when porting from a cell phone carrier.  While landlines and VoIP transfers are supposed to be completed within 2 business days, they can often take about a week.  When it comes to incoming calls going to your VoIP service, this is normal as the porting hasn't completed.  As for the outgoing calls, this is also normal as Public Mobile always immmediately assigns the requested number to the account, even before transfer is finished.

As for advice:  This is likely a matter of waiting.

Need Help? Let's chat.