cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from public mobile

gagans1993
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to port my number from public mobile as i am not receiving any text. And they don't have a customer care number (which sucks) how can i contact these people

4 REPLIES 4

@gagans1993 

Are you trying to do it now? I'm not sure who your new provider is but generally you request your new provider to port your number into your new account. Their customer service contacts their porting department who contacts public mobile with the request. Public mobile sends you the porting authorization text and you reply YES to it within 90 minutes and public mobile releases the phone number.

However this is done during normal waking hours so there isn't a high number of no responses to the porting authorization texts and that porting isn't delayed due little or no staff working in the middle of night. You will get a better result by waiting for your new provider's customer service department's opening hours to start and there are employees available to handle your request. Same goes on pm's end.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gagans1993 

Is your public mobile account active?  Except for Telus and Koodo ports, you will need an active account to port to a different company.  

Here is some additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gagans1993 

Just to expand a little here... porting telephone numbers is more of a "pull" process from the new carrier, which is why @computergeek541 pointed you to the new carrier responsible for taking care of this.  The porting process involves several different things to happen so it can get complicated at times.

You can try reaching out to a Moderator to ask if there's anything wrong with your account, but otherwise would be the new carrier who should handle this for you.

I'm curious - what's pulling you away from Public Mobile?  🙂

@gagans1993 wrote:

I am unable to port my number from public mobile as i am not receiving any text. And they don't have a customer care number (which sucks) how can i contact these people

The new carrier is repsonsible for taking care of all these details for you.  However, you can can contact Public Mobile by opening at ticket at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.