cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Telus not working but deactive on Telus network

lhoseason
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have ported my number from Telus, says on account Public Mobike status is "Active" and doesnt work. Still on emergency calls only. I have changed my sim, restarted phone mulitple times, phone is unlocked and Telus sim no longer working but Public sim still isnt. Who do I contact?

6 REPLIES 6

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I followed these steps when porting from Koodo to Public Mobile (same network as Telus): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-need-a-PM-moderator-to-help-me-comp...

In particular, I think the email change step is relevant. Posting just in case that provides a clue.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541I bet you are right about that. Yes if the phone works on Telus, it will work on PM. The reason I mentioned the manual network search is if the phone had been manually configured to "telus" and not set to auto, I wondered if there could be some sort of  mismatch on the phone with the new sim as the telus network should show up as public mobile from what it reads on the sim. Maybe it would just need to be re-registered on the network? I am out of my league with this but thought it would be worth it to see what the network search would produce.

@Jessica_T wrote:

@lhoseason wrote:

I have ported my number from Telus, says on account Public Mobike status is "Active" and doesnt work. Still on emergency calls only. I have changed my sim, restarted phone mulitple times, phone is unlocked and Telus sim no longer working but Public sim still isnt. Who do I contact?

@lhoseasonIf you do a manual network search do you see the public mobile network?

Have you tried your public mobile SIM in another phone?

Coincidences happen. Can you check your IMEI number to make sure your phone has not been added to the blacklist? http://www.imeipro.info/

I'm going to assume that the Telus sim card was working in that same phone up until the very point that the customer requested the number porting to Public Mobile.  Number ports from Telus to Public can happen remarkably fast (sometimes within seconds).

If my assumption about that is correct, there wouldn't be any need to do a network scan to see if the phone is compatible.  If the phone was being used before on Telus's HSPA network, it is automatically compatible with Public Mobile, and it will see the network.

It's not impossible for a phone to get blacklisted, but it is unlikely to have happened right when the phone number was transfered.  Also, As Public Mobile and Telus Mobility are both owned by the same parent company, any internal blacklist would be identical with both brands.

I'm betting that Public Mobile charged the customer for the plan, had the Telus transfer the phone number to Public, but that the activation system never actually assigned service to the sim card (a provisioning issue).   

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try turning off your phone, put it into reset mode (don't reset it) select Clear Cache and reboot the phone.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lhoseason wrote:

@lhoseasonIf you do a manual network search do you see the public mobile network?

Have you tried your public mobile SIM in another phone?

Coincidences happen. Can you check your IMEI number to make sure your phone has not been added to the blacklist? http://www.imeipro.info/

@lhoseason wrote:

Please send a private message to Moderator_Team.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Messages sent to that username are read by Public Mobile staff.

Need Help? Let's chat.