cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Rogers homephone

tazb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've ported my Rogers homephone to my new Public Mobile line. 

It's been ~2days and I am unable to receive incoming calls. As they are still going to my homephone rather than my Public Mobile line.

Data, outgoing calls/text work just fine. It's strictly just incoming calls.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting, reset, shutdown, reset network settings.

No luck.

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad to hear the port completed successfully, @tazb!  Welcome to the PM network!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Well, that's better, now you have been assimilated into the Public Mobile Family, Love of PM, is irresistible, lol Heart 

tazb

Just an update, it has been officially ported. Took near 2.5days. But I am now receiving calls and able to make outgoing calls. 

@tazb Your current phone behaviour is completely normal. It's EXACTLY the same as happened to me a year ago. Just keep answering the home phone when it rings and use the cell phone for everything else.

BTW: the address you used for the port must be EXACTLY the same as that shown on your Rogers bill. Even to the extent of upper amd lower case letters.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tazb porting from mobile providers (Rogers Wireless (not Rogers Home Phone), Fido (not fido home), Telus, Koodo, Chatr, Bell, Virgin, etc) normally completes within minutes to a few hours.  But unfortunately porting from a HOME phone service such as you are doing (or from Telus home phones, Bell home phone service, Shaw home phone, etc) can take several days.  I don't know why that is, there must be some technical limitation, but this is the case when porting from pretty much any home phone service to pretty much any mobile provider.  Hang in there!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello,

I'm sorry but I am unable to tag users at the moment.

I'll definitely check the status of the port; please provide me with your PM number (if you have one, your Bell phone number & account number by private message.

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

tazb

Yes, I'm able to make a call out. But still incoming calls are going over to my prior Rogers homephone. 

I'm not too familiar whom the PM mods are, if you are able to tag them here - I'd really appreciate that!

Can you make a call out? If you have no service yet, then I will alert a PM rep to immediately investigate for you, as you paid for the service, and its totally unacceptable if a PM Guest who just joined has to experience anything less than exceptional service

If your port has not gone through, let us know, and we WILL alert a PM Rep to get to the bottom of this, as I believe a PM Guest's first time experience is the ONE that sets the tone of whether they like what they see or if they wish to explore different options

tazb

What's odd is: if I am able to make outgoing calls using the # I ported with my PM device - that should mean the Port was officially accepted/processed?

Or is that not the case, and once I am receiving incoming calls the Port was officially accepted. 

What I mean by that is, your phone with PM Tri-Sim would start to receive or you could call out, those signs that the Porting process is in effect

tazb

Yes I still have an active subscription with Rogers. My Rogers balance is $0. And I made sure I was not under a commitment with my Rogers homephone (which I doubt matters).

Which kind of signs did you mean? As an the odd call would come to my Public Mobile phone rather than homephone?

Best,

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Normally it takes a few days to possibly a week, but still, you should have gotten some sign by now. Was your bill with Rogers up to date, and still active and not cancelled?

Need Help? Let's chat.