cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port failed, can't retry.

Oct
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't know why this isn't an option when it's supposed to be self-serve. The port failed on Public Mobile's end (I got the text from the old provider and replied YES). Now my old provider is still active and I'm paying for a new plan with public mobile because it claims it didn't work. It failed before I even managed to reply to the text.

I received a message that someone would reach out to me or to use some chatbot, but the chatbot link has SSL errors and fails to load anyways and nobody's reached out.

EDIT: Provided number worked out after I called. Person that I got in touch with used the account number to port instead. Would've much rather preferred to be able to restart the process myself, but at least it worked out. That text message also claimed I used the wrong IMEI or something, but I copied and pasted, so that wouldn't have been possible.

EDIT 2: I think I finally found the self-serve option I could've used. It's under the main "My Account" -> "Profile" page, but if you shrink your browser window the side menu disappears and this option won't exist unless you click the arrow at the very bottom left. Didn't even know I had more than that main page. On the mobile app it's similar with the "+" button at the bottom left.

3 REPLIES 3

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Number ports usually take a minutes, your phone number working when you walk out of the store.

But they can take hours. Or days. Up to 10 days. And they can apparently start working almost immediately - you can dial and answer calls with your number - but can still take 1-2 business days to fully complete, can have all sorts of strange malfunctions and misconnections until things finish up.

I see the OP's post was made 5 hours ago. Give it a day or two, wait, be patient. The problem will likely sort itself out in time.

I wouldn't waste my time attempting to explain problems to the chatbot. Get the brainless gatekeeper to give you a support ticket so you can (eventually) interact with a real human who can provide real support beyond a bunch of scripted babble you could google up for yourself.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Oct - yeah, i have never heard that an agent reaches out in this circumstance. Not sure why they give that messaging.

There is a 2nd way to contact CSA if chatbot doesn't work. Go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Oct 

No worries, there is a porting team you can call and they can sort it out

Will send it to your Community inbox , check the number and call

(but , also try to reboot your phone once.  After the Yes reply, it still take around 2 hours and couple reboots for port to be completed)

Need Help? Let's chat.