cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port a Bell landline number by replacing an existing Public Mobile number

EvelynF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, how do I reach a customer support agent? 

I need a walk through on porting a Bell landline not to a temporary PM number, but to an existing PM number.  Basically, replace my existing PM number with the Bell number.

Thanks in adv.

7 REPLIES 7

@EvelynF wrote:

ok, I have a problem, I'm in an apartment and the Street number won't take my apt number and building address number.  No dashes or spaces allowed, which means the street number will not exactly match as is requried.  

"Please ensure your address is an exact match with the address given to your previous provided."

This is something that has been an issue in the past with Public Mobile. I would suggest submitting the request wthout a unit number.  If necessary, the request can be updated/tried again by contacting a Public Mobile customer support agent afterward.

EvelynF

ok, I have a problem, I'm in an apartment and the Street number won't take my apt number and building address number.  No dashes or spaces allowed, which means the street number will not exactly match as is requried.  

"Please ensure your address is an exact match with the address given to your previous provided."

@Sansan wrote:

Am I  misunderstanding the request.? I  thought we couldn't put one PM number to another Pm number?

The customer will be transferring in a Bell Canada phone number.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Am I  misunderstanding the request.? I  thought we couldn't put one PM number to another Pm number?

@EvelynF wrote:

ok, so I'm in my account and I see Profile --> My Phone number --> Transfer Phone Number. 

So the new one  will just replace my existing PM number then?  What happens with my exising PM number?

The number that you already have on your Public Mobile account would immediately be deactivated.

EvelynF

ok, so I'm in my account and I see Profile --> My Phone number --> Transfer Phone Number. 

So the new one  will just replace my existing PM number then?  What happens with my exising PM number?

@EvelynF wrote:

Hi, how do I reach a customer support agent? 

I need a walk through on porting a Bell landline not to a temporary PM number, but to an existing PM number.  Basically, replace my existing PM number with the Bell number.

Thanks in adv.

Please remmeber that Public Mobile is a self service carrier.  To initiate phone number porting, please start this process from within your Self Serve account.  Information about the number porting process can be found at: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQob...

Need Help? Let's chat.