cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor to No Reception at home

Nats3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with Public Mobile for almost 3 years and I've had no issues until about a month ago. When at home my reception drops considerably. When in the basement I will have 1 bar or no connection. When in the kitchen above ground I will have anywhere from 1-3 bars and will not receive calls or when speaking to someone they can't hear me. I have no idea why and it's starting to get frustrating. The only thing that has changed was that I switched from one PM plan to another in August. I have the Samsung Note4 and no other unlocked phone to test the sim card in (I've been reading some posts). I'm desperate to find a resolution. 

7 REPLIES 7

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try setting the phone to 3G instead of LTE/Auto. Works better where I live.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Nats3

I'm assuming your suggesting I go into "Mobile Networks" and change the Network Mode. I've switched them back and forth and neither works well. LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connection) and/or WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

S--S
Mayor / Maire

i have the same issues befoer when i did exchange Sim Card, is fix it 

you have to try exchange your Sim Card.

Good Luck

Keep walking around your neighbourhood to confirm it's a very specific locale. If it is more general perhaps the phone is failing.

Anyway, changing plans would have no affect on reception.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Nats3

So far it seems like its just when I'm at home. I have full bars once outside my house. I ended up doing a factor reset (not necessairly for this issue) and it didn't seem to make any difference with my reception. Possibly changing the sim card can fix this issue?

Nats3

So you just replaced the old sim card with a new one... and everything was fine.... Did you have to do anything else?

Nasmerk

It's interesting 

Need Help? Let's chat.