cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor reception near Nanaimo Skytrain Station

Markymark1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My bars of reception is at most two bars if not one bar. Data doesn’t work. I have sent a private message to Public Mobile customer agent but no response yet. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Markymark1 

5g isn't as prevalent as most people think. it's not very good at penetrating solid objects. if you're a new customer I would ask them to reset the network on their end. and remove and reinstall the sim

@Markymark1 

if you have iPhone, try changing the network to 5G On and 5G Auto as well

to make a formal complaint, please message support here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Markymark1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iphone 15 pro max. i will try 4G. it's just super slow or doesn't work in my area. i am just hoping that by raising the issue maybe one day they can put a cell tower in the area one day. previously on the rogers network, the reception is somewhat better so i can use my phone data. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Markymark1 

did you message them using this link:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

For your network issue, What phone do you have?  brand and model?

try Reset All networks, and try changing your network mode, test 4G and 3G and see if it makes a difference

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Markymark1 , the reception is not something an agent can do anything about.  It's an artifact of tower locations in the area.  What network are you connecting to?  Perhaps try using LTE instead of 5G.

Need Help? Let's chat.