cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points Back

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The 5% back of your bill in points would be 1.75 points for the 35 plan. I'm assuming you would not always get that though? For example, I received my $10 bonus in my account balance for being referred, so even though next month's bill will be 35 again, since my card will only be charged 25 (+tax) even though my bill is 35, I'm only getting 1.25 points? 

11 REPLIES 11

27atFranko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

O ok for the info. Thanks. 

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can see with these points customers won't be bothered with them as they are already confusing. Rewards are simple your bill is less. No muss no fuss.

I'll see what I can do lol

@softech 

That is the question isn't it? I was told by an Oracle it was not what was loaded onto the account but what was purchased that the 5% back in points was based on.....all speculation for us? Since having @BEER become the go to points man seems to be a no go maybe @JL9 wants the position? I can't have nearly as much fun with the username but it's having a member that is able to test, confirm or deny points questions that's important.

Lol...I have never really been a big fan of @BEER I much prefer my glass @wines ....red, white or rose.🍷

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@darliciousthe system is giving 5% based on how much you load via Voucher or credit card or instant topup, the actual inflow of money you initiated.   Technically not what you purchased. 

So, if you load $1000 in today, then you get 5%x$1000.  once you loaded the $1000, you pretty much won't load any money more, the plan renewal and add-on will be purchased via the current available fund, those transactions won't get 5% as they are not actually money inflow into the system from the customer.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

But how does the points system know what has been credited to your account and what has been topped up? I had figured it was based on what was added to the account via voucher, manual or an automatic top up because that's easy to account for....but if it's based on purchasing your plan amount or an add on then how does it know what part of the available funds in your account are credits or added funds?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, it is only 5% on the amount you SPENT  If that month you only paid $25 because of the $10 credit in your account, then it is 5% for $25.  This is how PM an save money from the new program. 

On the new program, so if the members have enough friends reward and/or Community rewards and/or Loyalty reward to cover the Plan cost fully and not pay a dime, then the member not early any of the 5% in that month.  But if it is on the old program,  PM still needs to pay the  $2 Autopay rewards money, and members like that will accumulate it as a credit and then would be able to use it to buy Add-on.   No such "goodies" in the new system anymore.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Actually you can tell us....as I am wondering how the points system differentiates between credits and top up payments on your account? I have asked if points are awarded on manual top ups (either via payment card or voucher) and/or automatic payments to the account via auto pay and have been told that the 5% back in points are earned via purchases of either add ons or plan amounts. If that is the case then credits and rewards that are added to the available funds and used for plan payments and purchases should in theory earn 5% back in points as there is no way of distinguishing the source of the available funds?

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Thanks. I was hoping that maybe it would apply to everything except redemptions from actual rewards but I guess it will only happen every once in awhile... Yet another thing that makes this new program less attractive 😬

Meow
Mayor / Maire

That is correct. You will get 5% of actual charge and not from what your plan cost.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes I presume, @JL9 , that is correct.

The wording of the points back specifically states, "Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points."

(Bold emphasis added by me) 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.