cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me to complete the phone number port

petepm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I switched from Fidol to Public Mobile in June 24,2019.
My old number is showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display in PublicMobile already.
But all incoming calls go to voicemail directly. I can not accept the calls.
I have sent a message to Moderator_team yesterday. But NO any reply yet.
Please help me to complete the port.
Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

@petepm wrote:

I checked all my setting in my phone alerady. I also tried other phones and but same problem.

@petepm  While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

petepm

I checked all my setting in my phone alerady. I also tried other phones and but same problem.

@petepm wrote:

Actually my phone worked great in June 24,2019 after I ported the phone number to Public mobile. I already received the text message and it said the port is succeed. I tred to make outgoing calls and received inconing calls. Also I test data in LTE. Everything is fine.

But in June 26, 2019, I found I can not my phone does not ring for two days already.

I used my home phone to call the cell phone and all the calls went to voicemail directly.

It is public mobile voicemail.And I can not make outgoing call right now.

I check the usage in public mobile account and it shows 6475804001 in Destination.

I contacted Fido support already.  Fido said the port was finished and fido released the number already.

I have no phone service over 4 days alerady.

I do not think public mobile has any support for the customers.

@petepm Check to make sure you did not accidently turn on the do not disturb mode or put your phone in airplane mode.

petepm

Actually my phone worked great in June 24,2019 after I ported the phone number to Public mobile. I already received the text message and it said the port is succeed. I tred to make outgoing calls and received inconing calls. Also I test data in LTE. Everything is fine.

But in June 26, 2019, I found I can not my phone does not ring for two days already.

I used my home phone to call the cell phone and all the calls went to voicemail directly.

It is public mobile voicemail.And I can not make outgoing call right now.

I check the usage in public mobile account and it shows 6475804001 in Destination.

I contacted Fido support already.  Fido said the port was finished and fido released the number already.

I have no phone service over 4 days alerady.

I do not think public mobile has any support for the customers.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@petepm wrote:
My old number is showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display in PublicMobile already.
Thank you.

It's the Fido account's voicemail that you are hearing, correct?  If that's the case, keep using your Fido sim card until you can get this fixed.  Only mdoerators can fix failed number ports.  If you have provided them with your Fido account information, all you can do is wait and hopefully, they'll have your requets processed soon.

Great advice I wouldn't think of it, if the port is not finished you probably still have access to your old service. 

@petepm wrote:
Thank you.

It's the Fido account's voicemail that you are hearing, correct?  If that's the case, keep using your Fido sim card until you can get this fixed.  Only mdoerators can fix failed number ports.  If you have provided them with your Fido account information, all you can do is wait and hopefully, they'll have your requets processed soon.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@petepm 

Please be patient as they will get to you, it's just going to take some time. While you're waiting ,You can also try turning off your phone, pulling your SIM card, reinsert it and turn the phone on. Sometimes the SIM just needs to re-register on the network.

FilamentCat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in the exact same boat. Stuck port and had to message the moderators. They did get back to me, however, and requested the following information:

- your Public Mobile phone number

- your full name

- address with postal code

- last 4 digits of the card used for payments

- your e-mail address

In order to check the port they will need:

- your previous carrier phone number planning to bring over

- your previous carrier account number

You can speed up the process by sending them a follow-up message with this information. It doesn't hurt to send them too much!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@petepm wrote:
Thank you.

@petepm  Sounds like the port is stuck or maybe the information you provided during the port was incomplete or  incorrect. You did the right thing and notified the moderator. You might want to send a follow up message to the PM moderator team with the FIDO port details:

1. Fido Account Number
  2. Fido Account Name
  3. Fido Phone Number

Note: Your Fido account must remain active for the port to complete.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@petepm  have you checked your phone setting do you have do not disturb on?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@petepm  It will take Moderators up to 48 hours to get to you as they don't work 24/7... best is to be patient and just wait it out. Nearly everyone here are just normal users of Public Mobile and have no access to the backend operations.

Need Help? Let's chat.