cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me find out who is my phone carrier!

RossRoss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My phone has a problem and the customer support for it has a page where it requires me to choose from a list my phone carrier. Public mobile is not on the list but as far as I know it uses Telus network and on the list there are Telus Mobility and Telus Mobility (Mike Networks). Which one should I choose? I'm in Toronto.

19 REPLIES 19

RossRoss

thanks, I'll check

@RossRoss   downgrade back to Android 10 is possible, but a bit of work to find the correct image and need Odin or so.

did you check anyone in some Moto group or reddi to see if you are the only one?

RossRoss

My phone Motorola One 5G Ace worked perfectly with is original Android 10 but upgrading it to Android 11 introduced a bunch of problems. Reverting to factory defaults with  Android 10 is impossible now but resetting to factory defaults under Android 11 fixed most of the problems except the "Hey Google" feature not working properly. It stops randomly by itself and turning it on is very hard requiring many restarts, deleting and creating voice models multiple times, etc. So far from my conversation with Motorola support, apps conflict is suspected and they will try to find out but what is very weird is when I restart the phone in safe mode the Google Assistant is completely disabled.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you asking about resetting to be able to go back to A10? Or are you asking because you don't want it to?

Is this some kind of problem with Hey Google?

RossRoss

My phone has automatically selected the carrier when it was initiated. My problem was different, I needed to specify the phone carrier to Motorola customer support

RossRoss

it says Public Mobile not Telus

Yeah sorry, I hadn't read the details. I was going along with what the all-seeing oracle was saying. Apparently they misunderstood.

RossRoss

I've put my phone in a tight protective case and didn't feel like getting the SIM card just for that but it's good to know and I will check it next time I need to access the SIM card.

RossRoss

The the web page of the customer service for my phone don't have automatic selection of my carrier. I have to choose it from a list. My phone is Motorola One 5G Ace

RossRoss

I checked my Settings > Networks & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Network > Choose Network

and Telus is not mentioned anywhere, the Only choices I have are Public Mobile (selected), Bell, Freedom, Rogers Wireless. I'm in Toronto.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@RossRoss 

choose Telus mobility don't choose the mike network.

@Handy1 wrote:

@RossRoss @What’s it say on top of your device on Home Screen 

Not necessarily. It depends on device and OS.

For current mobile provider Look at Settings, Mobile networks, Network operators. Or similar. This is on Samsung, Android.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

First, I would do automatic. But my Samsung shows TELUS everywhere. Works fine.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@RossRoss   you bascially want to open a ticket with the phone  manufacturer?  then choose Telus Mobility if Public Mobile is not a choice there

(not Telus Mobile - Mike networks, it is a different kind of network technology)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RossRoss , you should let the phone auto choose carrier based on the SIM card inserted in the phone.  On some models of phones, the notification can display Telus instead of Public Mobile.  The one phone that comes to mind is LG G5.  I have a Umidigi A13 pro which also has a pretty interesting display on carrier information.  On the notification bar it shows Public Mobile.  However, on the network and internet tab, it shows Telus.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RossRoss   take the sim card out from the phone, it will say on the sim card itself

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RossRoss  - are you a current public mobile customer and have your phone in a repair shop?
If you are a current customer and they require the carrier, try Telus.

What is the issue with the phone?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RossRoss @What’s it say on top of your device on Home Screen 

Need Help? Let's chat.