cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add roaming service for the public

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why PM doesn't add romaing addon. It is very helpful I think. Every time I go to USA. It is no way to reach people. Being PM customer for almost 2 years. I really don't want to change carrier.

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @kav2001c.  I don't think I'll need to do this, but it might be helpful for others.  Cheers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren you actually can play the system a bit. Roam Mobility requires a top up every 6 months BUT you do not need to actually USE the SIM in that 6 month window.

Eg your SIM card is about to expire as of July 1st

You top it up and schedule the activation to start as of Dec 1st (can do any time up to 6 months in future)

Nov 1st rolls around, you decide not going this winter, so you reschedule your date to Feb 1st instead

The only issue is this can get messy (eg if I have 5 rolling dates) but then need to synchronize them for my 1 week trip at a future date

srlawren

@sley that's a fair criticism, needing to use the SIM at least once every 6 months might be inconvenient for some.  I find that I tend to spend at least a weekend in Seattle every 3-4 months anyway, with a longer US trip once or twice a year (Vegas, San Fran, Hawaii,...).  Thus, it suits me fine.  Did you have any other issues with Roam, out of curiosity?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren I'm not a huge fan of Roam especially since they changed the expiry period down from 1 year. I usually just buy a sim card whereever I am and it usually ends up being cheaper.

srlawren

@zmh1175 you can always use a service like Roam Mobility while in the USA.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Many have asked about this and i am sure PM is aware of this. If you have some kind of idea regarding to roaming, please post in the Public Lab section. 

Need Help? Let's chat.