cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add Bermuda to the list of countries

Sophia
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My husband is from Bermuda and half his family are still there. Lucky Mobile and others include Bermuda in the international list, so why doesn't Public Mobile? Please add this... we already have the international booster added but then noticed Bermuda isn't included. Bummer!

10 REPLIES 10

voip.ms lists Bermuda at 7.55c/min (USD)

Shaw prepaid (goldline) shows 6.15c/min (CAD)

TextNow to Bermuda shows as "From 4.7c/min" (I think this is USD?)

Rebtel (a calling card type service) has:

Shaw prepaid and Rebtel can be used by calling a local access number from your phone, no VoIP.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Sophia 

Hotvoip offers 1c/min

These kind of charges take long time, the number is countries increased recently after get very long time

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sophia :Totally agree that international calling add-on should include all countries not just some. This add-on should be called listed countries calling, not international calling.

@Sophia wrote:

Thanks pal. It remains to be seen if they shot themselves in the foot by suddenly reverting to province wide plans, especially if none of the other carriers follow. Talk about going back to the previous century! But that is another topic for another thread 🤗

At this point, my fingers are crossed that the competition will not compete on this latest price increase.  Hopefully that will force a rollback.  

Sophia

Thanks pal. It remains to be seen if they shot themselves in the foot by suddenly reverting to province wide plans, especially if none of the other carriers follow. Talk about going back to the previous century! But that is another topic for another thread 🤗

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sophia  I know it never hurts to ask, unfortunately there forums are monitored mainly by customers , not the people who make the decisions. 

PM just recently upgraded their long distance offerings, I doubt there will be any changes to them for a while.

If another company can better fulfill  your needs then vote with your wallet, that's unfortunately the only way 

Sophia

Thanks for the suggestions, I am aware of VoiP 🙂 However hubby is the old fashioned type and prefers to call using our landline phone (it's connected to the cell by Bluetooth). Also sending his family a text to call him is kinda cheap, right? 😄

Hoping that PM will reconsider... it is not exactly an exotic location I'm asking to add. Heck it's in tier 1 with Lucky!

Edit: I'm thinking I should probably have posted this in the suggestions forum... sorry about posting it in the wrong category!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sophia wrote:

My husband is from Bermuda and half his family are still there. Lucky Mobile and others include Bermuda in the international list, so why doesn't Public Mobile? Please add this... we already have the international booster added but then noticed Bermuda isn't included. Bummer!

At most 7-11 type of retail outlet they sell phone cards that you can get to dial to Bermuda.

To call a Cdn or American phone number, you can install the free TextNow app on your phone. As long as you have wifi, TextNow works and is free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sophia : You can text them and have them call you back. Or use any number of voip apps like TextNow that also does voice.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could use Wi-Fi apps like Fongo, Skype, Signal, or Google Hangouts.

Need Help? Let's chat.