cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

AngA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm leaving for the US-Florida tomorrow December 26th for 3 months.

If I purchase the Canada/US plan $65/month will I have full coverage to be able to call, text etc in the US & back to Canada with no other charges? 

Does this plan work in the US?

I've purchased the SIM card already I just haven't  activated it yet because I want confirmation that this will work while I'm away for 3 months.

Help?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Ladie1

AngA, to reply to your request for confirmation, I have been using the $65/month CA/US for two weeks here in Texas with no problems. 

There have been no extra charges though I only subscribed for 1 month hoping for a better deal on Boxing Day or New Year's.  

I have made/received calls and sent/received texts within the US and to and from Canada.  As another person put it so clearly, it's as though this plan extends Public Mobile's area to include all of Canada and the US, no boundaries.

I have the phone set to roaming and autoconnect LTE etc.  I have it set to select the best network and it switches between T-Mobile and AT&T as we tour around the state. Before I left Canada I checked with each of those providers to be sure my Galaxy S20FE would work with their network, since it wasn't on Public Mobile's list.

I'm not certain the phone is always working at its full 5G capacity in the rural hill country, and there's no mention of volte in my phone's settings, but the voice quality is excellent.

As others have mentioned here, there are other, perhaps cheaper ways to keep in touch while you're in the US, but I find this easy and seamless.  

Happy travels!

@Cannonman631   There's a $45 connection fee according to the Freedom website, which would cancel out the potential savings.

Cannonman631

Should get freedom mobile 34.00 prepaid Canada USA and just cancel it when you get back cheaper and been reading on like works good in the USA 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AngA 

make sure your cell phone is volte enabled for best talk experience.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@AngA   While most people activate plans on PM with no problem (make sure to use the app and not the website)  some do get into difficulties and need customer service help.  Since you're leaving tomorrow I would not wait in case you do need help to activate because the way to contact an agent is by private message, there is no call centre to phone since all support in PM is online.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@AngA 

Another option (if you want to save some money) is since you're going to be in the US for 3 months, purchase a local prepaid SIM card there to use and then save the public mobile SIM card and service for when you return to Canada. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AngA  Yes it will work , just ensure to have data roaming turned in in phone settings when in the U.S. and to connect to T mobile or AT&T  leaving phone set to LTE . If you have issues with voice just try staying  connected to T mobile and phone set to 2G and enjoy your trip 

Need Help? Let's chat.