cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans with Canada Wide Minutes and Unlimited calls to USA (from Canada only)

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I cannot find a plan that allows unlimited calls to the USA. Is that no longer offered?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Both the chairperson and vice-chair positions are to be replaced come September. One would expect the new appointments would be enthusiastic about implementing the new policy directive.

Shake up the CRTC?

By offering a bigger bribe than your "competitors"?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Telus (pm) has changed its focus from satisfying their customers to satisfying their shareholders instead. Until they shift their focus back to their customers needs and wants their double digit profits will not be sustained year over year.

Hopefully the shake up at the CRTC and a new clearly defined policy directive may finally stick "forbearance" in the back storage closet and force change on the an industry where self regulation has been an abysmal failure.

Better yet maybe the CRTC just needs a couple of pm oracles to lounge "forbearance"......as it does not provide any support or help for consumers to lower their bills, provide more competition and offer innovative plans and features.

Plans with (unlimited) Canada & USA calling have come and gone a few times at Public Mobile. They're usually only offered on the one or two top-end plans. None are being offered right now.

Public Mobile (Telus) hasn't been making its subscribers very happy with their changes and decision over recent months. But you never know, these sorts of plans have been around often enough that it's always possible they'll come around again.

@hairbag1 

That makes sense especially if you are only calling there occasionally. 

Paying in a plan for USA calling would be a waste of $. 

1.5 cents a minute is reasonable. 

Any heavy calling.....if add ons won’t do.....off to another carrier. 

Actually as I type  this .... my voip is 1 cent a minute US$..or 1.3 cents. I have an App on my phone to call and have $30 balance as I never used it up when I moved the number here. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

No longer an option...but you can get 1000 minutes of Canada to US calling add-on for $15. Those are similar to most other add-ons in that they don't expire until you use them up. Any unused add-on minutes will just roll over until they're needed..even if that takes several months or more.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CountyDownIeUk 

The have dropped the US calling features since the introduction of the 4G plans/re-lineup the 3G plan

So, Textnow is the free workaround 🙂

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CountyDownIeUk hi no sorry they no longer offer that plan but you could always buy an add on for US minutes 

Need Help? Let's chat.