muldersarah69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change my son plan will he loose the black Friday deal

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@muldersarah69 wrote:

I have 10gb for 40 plan

Keep in mind that that "10gb for 40 plan" is actually 4.5 base plan +.5 for autopay if you have it set on and then the 5gb add-on that does not renew. So when you use up your 4.5 and maybe .5 then you'll dip into the 5. Then you'll renew your plan and you'll return to using the base plan data.

The 5gb will stay on your account until consumed. You will not have 10gb renewing each term. If you don't touch the 5gb it will sorta kinda look like it though. 🙂

Still...very nice of the mods to give it to you. It makes sense.

We're still not clear if YOU changed the plan (and saw the 5gb disappear) or if the mods did all that for you beyond adding the 5gb back.

muldersarah69

I have 10gb for 40 plan

@Ed404  @Anonymous  Well isnt this an interesting developement. Alan_k was very specific in his post that no changes were allowed...and as @muldersarah69  has mentioned the 5gb was lost with the plan change. Now that they have offered it one with an upgraded plan they will have to offer it to all. On a downgraded plan that is very unlikely. But a lot of work for the moderators having to do it manually but it will make a lot of people who chose the $35 plan very happy.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I suspect they wouldn't be so generous if he downgraded to the $15 plan. Anyone wanna test that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@muldersarah69 wrote:

The mod change it start Dec 10 and the mod put the 5gb back 

The mods made the change? Or did you start it and saw it disappear and then they put it back?

And isn't that nice of them to put it back. It made sense that changing a plan up in cost would keep the promo.

muldersarah69

The mod change it start Dec 10 and the mod put the 5gb back 

@muldersarah69  Please tell us how you did this.....did ask the mods? Schedule an plan change on next renewal and it okayed keeping the 5g ? Enquiring minds want to know.

muldersarah69

I got it change to 40 with 5gb and the black Friday bonus 5gb

@muldersarah69  @Ed404  Alan_k specifically updated the thread that it is programmed to remove the 5gb if the plan was up or downgraded. It would be interesting to see if someone tests this out when they are down to the last 100mb or so of the 5gb data bonus and changes their plan to see if it's true.  suspect it is since in the past updates usually corrected that only downgrades were affected. @muldersarah69  I suspect your son is on the $35 plan....you 'll just have to use all that extra data up before changing. With the extra xmas gifts at least he's good for awhile especially if you implement data saving measures. Perhaps share the 400 long distance minutes before switching as well. Also consider if he chose a new number that you could reactivate on another promo in the future since there is few rewards associated with his account.

Ed404

@muldersarah69 wrote:

I want him in the 40 plan with the black Friday deal

You could switch the $40 plan just know there is a chance that the 5GB bonus may be revoked. If it is you could ask the mods and see if they'll put it back as you are increasing your plan's cost.

muldersarah69

I want him in the 40 plan with the black Friday deal

muldersarah69

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@muldersarah69 wrote:

If I change my son plan will he loose the black Friday deal

@muldersarah69  Exactly what promotion is he signed up for? What plan is he on and what did you want to change it To?

@muldersarah69  You cannot change your plan and keep the 5gb data add on as @kdpatel28 correctly stated. There have been promotions in the past that would allow you to upgrade the plan and keep the promotion but this one is up or down. 

kdpatel28

Yes. There was a term and condition that says plan needs to remain unchanged

Ed404

If you're talking about the 5GB of data add-on there is a chance that switching the plan will remove it.

Need Help? Let's chat.