cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan suggestion

samwell847
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm wondering if there is a way to suggest a new plan. Right now, I have the cheapest plan (15$ for 100 min talk, unlimited text and 250mb) and I would like to upgrade to a plan having unlimited talk.

I obviously looked at the next plan (25$ for unlimited talk, unlimited text and 1gb), but the 10$ increase makes me hesitant since I barely use any data (about 0-60mb per month).

Is there a way to make a suggestion for a plan right in the middle, something like 20$ for unlimited talk, unlimited text and 250 mb? My friends and family would also take a plan that looks like that.

For now, I've subscribed to get notified by email for new promos and announcements.

[Edit: I am aware about all the add-ons and thank you for all the comments, I'll choose a final solution in 1-2 days. I understand that for now, I'll need to decide between upgrading my plan or buying occasional addons (which I don't like, I'd prefer never looking at my minutes left). My post was more for the long term, I'd prefer a plan without limited time stress of my current plan nor financial "stress". The 20$ option would've been perfect for me.]

13 REPLIES 13

The current $20 plan ($15 plus 500 for $5 add on) has unlimited texting, 256B of data, unlimited incoming calls and 600 minutes of outgoing calls. This sounds like great deal especially considering that 500 of the 600 outgoing minutes roll over if unused giving you some months at only $15.

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@samwell847 , you already have unlimited calling.  You just need to text the person and say hey give me a call.  Unlimited incoming helps a lot.  Even if it is a landline call them and ask them to call you back if you think it is going to be a long call.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@samwell847 posted: "I'm wondering if there is a way to suggest a new plan.".

You just did. This is the only place to post suggestions. As for the attention received, it's often like a black hole. Robot LOL

black hole.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@samwell847 wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a way to suggest a new plan. Right now, I have the cheapest plan (15$ for 100 min talk, unlimited text and 250mb) and I would like to upgrade to a plan having unlimited talk.

I obviously looked at the next plan (25$ for unlimited talk, unlimited text and 1gb), but the 10$ increase makes me hesitant since I barely use any data (about 0-60mb per month).

Is there a way to make a suggestion for a plan right in the middle, something like 20$ for unlimited talk, unlimited text and 250 mb? My friends and family would also take a plan that looks like that.

For now, I've subscribed to get notified by email for new promos and announcements.

[Edit: I am aware about all the add-ons and thank you for all the comments, I'll choose a final solution in 1-2 days. I understand that for now, I'll need to decide between upgrading my plan or buying occasional addons (which I don't like, I'd prefer never looking at my minutes left). My post was more for the long term, I'd prefer a plan without limited time stress of my current plan nor financial "stress". The 20$ option would've been perfect for me.]

@samwell847  I agree a $20.00 plan will hit the sweet spot for many customers looking for unlimited calling without the additional data that the current $25.00 plan is offering. In the past I think Public offered an unlimited province wide talk + text plan fro $20.00.

If you don't want the hassle of adding add-ons and having to monitor you talk usage then the $25.00 is your best choice.

• It's only $23.00 if you enable AutoPay on your account.
  • If you can get 3 referrals that will knock down the price to $20.00 per 30 days. Smiley Happy

Also, even though you currently use only 60 MB of data it's always good to have more data. You can install Google Hangouts dialer or similar and use your data to make calls for free in the US. Also, it's good to have more available because of new Apps  (Google Maps, Uber etc) that you might be interested in using in the future.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nezgar wrote:

Yep, as mentioned previously, the $5 add on for 500 additional Canada minutes is an excellent compliment to the $15 plan, especially since it doesn't expire. If you don't use it quickly, you can stretch it out over many months until it's used up.

Also in case you didn't notice already, (unofficially) outgoing calls to toll-free numbers do not consume minutes with the current $15 plan, so you don't need to stress about waiting on hold when you have to call TV support, your bank, dragged out conference calls etc. Woman Very Happy

I think you can say that is official. I never paid for 800 number calls on my Telus prepaid or my VoIP.ms land line. 

chkha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@samwell847That's a great suggestion!  Didn't PM used to have a $20 unlimited province-wide plan with unlimited texting?  I gather this plan became obsolete since Canada-wide calling appears to be the norm/standard now.

I agree it would make sense to have this inbetween plan--$20 unlimited Canada-wide talk and unlimited text.  And if you sign up for Autopay, the plan would give the bonus 250mg of data.

Don't get me wrong, I have 2 of the $15 plans right now for the kids and, like the others, I have also purchased the $5 - 500 minutes add on in case they go over.  This combo works great for them.

However, for me, I do a lot of talking (>600 minutes/30 days) but don't really need the data.  An intermediate plan for $20 with unlimited Canada-wide talking and unlimited texting with that small amount of bonus data, if on autopay, would be perfect for me and I would switch over immediately!  This would also be attractive to people who want to wean off their landlines, I would think.

Lastly, while on the topic of plan suggestions, please bring back the $10 plan. This plan combined with the $5 - 500 minutes add-on would be perfect for an emergency phone/phone for seniors.

samwell847
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I didn't know about that last part. I was particulary worried about being on hold in a waiting list when calling the bank, government or anything else that sometimes have 45+ min of waiting.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Yep, as mentioned previously, the $5 add on for 500 additional Canada minutes is an excellent compliment to the $15 plan, especially since it doesn't expire. If you don't use it quickly, you can stretch it out over many months until it's used up.

Also in case you didn't notice already, (unofficially) outgoing calls to toll-free numbers do not consume minutes with the current $15 plan, so you don't need to stress about waiting on hold when you have to call TV support, your bank, dragged out conference calls etc. Woman Very Happy

@samwell847  Everyone's suggestion to purchase the $5/500 min add on is the way to go. You would have to use more than 600 outgoing minutes a month to exceed the $20 benchmark you are setting. Purchase it and test it out for a month. Anything you don't use will roll over each month til you do use it. I bet you will only use an extra 100 minutes at the most. That will add an average of $1 to your monthly plan rate.

iPhoneUser

@Johan wrote:

unless you call the US or International, I would not purchase them until you need them.  

I agree although as insurance to be able to make those calls that are long distance to USA or international the $15 plan is the way to go as the cost per minute is less than the USA LD add on.  AND I want the option there NOW as if and when I want to make that call I don’t want to scurry around and buy the add on. And if you were out of all calling minutes this add on will work for local calls too. It’s just insurance for our plans and when I compare the value here on PM vs my ex prepaid plan I am still way ahead. 

Johan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I too am on one of the limited talk plans and buy the $5 500min add on. Unless you are talking all the time and using large amounts of minutes, the add on is the way to go. I am just using the last of the the 500 minutes, that I purchased almost a year ago. I saved about $55 over that time frame with buying the add on. As for the other add ons, unless you call the US or International, I would not purchase them until you need them.  

iPhoneUser

@samwell847 wrote:

Try this. 

Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

If you want to be frugal and flexible this is my suggestion.

Buy the $15 monthly plan.

For add-ons.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on (<=less value) and the $15 add-on does same and much more than the $8 add-on (<=less value). 

Note: The add ons I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.....the unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@samwell847 As far as I know, there are currently no additional plans in the works. What fellow PM ers have been doing is supplementing this plan with the $5, 500  minute Canada wide add on. It doesnt expire until its used up. I'm on the same plan.  I have texted others and asked them to call me. And to conserve minutes, you can either check your voicemail from another phone, or as I have personally found out,  it's possible to use the apps TextNow and Google hangouts and Google dialer combined  to make calls over wifi and  to call your Voicemail from your own phone without using minutes. 

@samwell847 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.