cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan rates

MichelleH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am looking to switch to Public Mobile from Koodo, but curious how the plans work.  If I sign up for a $35/month 1 GB plan now and sign up for regular payments, does that plan stay the same until I change it, or will it increase whenever Public Mobile increases their plans?  I can see that there are no contracts, but I don't want to sign up and then 3 months down the line, end up paying way more.  

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here is the link to the terms of service.  The particular term in question here is "Can the terms of service change?"

https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf

The plan you sign up for, will continue as long as you renew it, without letting it go expired (ie unpaid more than 90 days).

PM has the right to change your plan with at least 30 days notice, as indicated in the terms of service document.  It's available somewhere ... I don't have the link handy.  This is the same for all providers generally.

Please note, if the in-market plans change, and what you have is no longer offered, YOU ONLY NEED TO CHANGE if you want to, or if Public Mobile advises you directly, or via an Announcement thread to a specific group of subscribers.

In general, an in-market price change doesn't affect subscribers - however, sometimes a new plan can come out, and it's a better deal for the subscriber.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MichelleH wrote:

I am looking to switch to Public Mobile from Koodo, but curious how the plans work.  If I sign up for a $35/month 1 GB plan now and sign up for regular payments, does that plan stay the same until I change it, or will it increase whenever Public Mobile increases their plans?  I can see that there are no contracts, but I don't want to sign up and then 3 months down the line, end up paying way more.  

From what I can see that is the 3G "LTE Lite" plan.  They just had a re-structure of those plans.  PM is like any other provider as they can increase plan pricing with 30 days notice.   Also this plan if you register for autopay you will reduce this to $33 dollars every 30 days.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MichelleH wrote:

Tax and death... the only guarantees. Fall promo holders were already given the rate increase scare, so enjoy while it lasts.

Need Help? Let's chat.