cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not Working

andrewykim01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Day

I have been a client for a while now, but however I am new to the forum,  I recently made a trip to the USA over the Memorial Day Weekend, I got the roaming add-on also somehow ended up getting the USA/Canada Long distance, however was not able to use it, and I can't even call anynumber based out of Toronto area...

Need some assistance, I think one of the plans I shouldn't have gotten.

Thanks

Andrew

9 REPLIES 9

andrewykim01

@stonechucker  - The Network operator is listed as Public Mobile.

andrewykim01

@stonechucker  I am back in Canada have been since last Wednesday.

Are you still in the US?  Memorial Day weekend was 10 days ago, or there abouts.

If you're still in the US make sure you've set your 'Nework Operator' to auto, or one of the partner networks.

If you're back in Canada, make sure the settings is either Auto, or Public Mobile.

Your information for your plan and addons show that you had the right roaming addons - and they were applied to your plan.   With this being around the 10-day expiry timeframe, it's possible SMS isn't working in Canada (a known bug of the US texting...) but the calls haven't been an issue previously in relation to this.

@andrewykim01 

Moderator wait times are 1-2 days.  You could try the lost/stolen phone trick.  This seems to reset your plan and sometimes fixes glitches in the PM system.  It does no harm to your phone or plan.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

andrewykim01

@Triguy @GinYVR , thanks for your assistance, I have private messaged the moderator team

PM accounts are prepaid so no guarantee about getting a refund but you could try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

andrewykim01

This is my plan below, any chance of getting a credit or refund on the US/Canada Long Distance

Also I can't even call local number.

Please advise

$25 per 30 Days

My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

My Add-ons

200 min US and Canada Long Distance

US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)

US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)

US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

andrewykim01

I ended up getting both, only the data part worked on the roaming, the talk part did not work.

Also the Long Distance minutes is useless to me now, Since I really dont call US also my current plan should be able to call  across Canada....Now I can't even call a local Toronto, its saying that its not part of my package..

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @andrewykim01 Yes you got the wrong package.. however the long distance miuntes should still be with your account until you exhaust it..(so it didn't go to waste in theory).

If you are travelling to the US, you should have gotten the Roaming package instead.. more info here. Remember the 10 days starts when you purchase the package.. not when you leave the country! Also remember to enable roaming on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.