cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan malfunctioning

keziahcolas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community,

I have a basic plan with 100 minutes Canada-wide, unlimited international text, and 250 MB of data, however, my plan only works every other time since I came back from vacation and put back my public mobile SIM card. During this trip, I had another SIM card with a different service.

My real problem is that my account status shows that I am active, and the automatic monthly payments are still going on, however, I cannot receive or send text messages and my data does not work. I cannot receive calls either but I can call. 

I have an iPhone X and have tried to reset my APN, and shut down my phone. I also checked my apple ID, and all the information is complete.

I am not sure where the issue is coming from and I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your Apple ID showing this device to be the current working active one? Does it show other devices? Yes, the use of another sim has caused your phone to be set up for that service. You need to make the phone be set up for this service. Full power off restart, checking for the carrier settings, being the current device in Apple ID would be the things I might look at.

Since you tried the sim in another phone and it seemed to work fine then this is a phone problem.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@keziahcolas 

When was the last time you had rebooted your phone? As well if it was a provisioning issue then removing the Sim card and putting it in another phone and back in your phone can reprovision the Sim card which it sounds like it did. If you continue to have issues with service you can contact customer support to reprovision your Sim card to your account from the back end.

keziahcolas

I just tried to put my sim card in another phone, and it seems to connect automatically to the service and answer text messages. I tried to put in another sim card that works well in my phone, and I was not able to reach the service until I shut down my phone, and only then I was able to receive text messages.

Could it be an issue or setting in my phone that might have changed while I was overseas?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@keziahcolas 

You likely need to update your carrier profile again. Check for software updates via wifi or connect to iTunes and then update the profile.

keziahcolas

Hello,

what I meant is that sometimes I can actually receive text messages or calls, but only from certain people and I do not always get them.

No I have not tried to put my sim card in another phone, I will try that. 

For my data yes I have checked, I have no use any of it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @keziahcolas what do you mean by your plan works every other time??

and did you try to put you som card in another phone??

you said data does not work,  did you check My Account to see if you still have data left??

Need Help? Let's chat.