cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan for my parents

Nebula
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Both my parents use either Telus or Fido and they top up their accounts with $10 every month just so that their minutes do not expire. I believe that its $0.15/min at Telus, so ~70 mins. They hardly ever call so their accounts are at $100+ since they have to top up to prevent the money from disappearing.

My questions are:

• Will they be able to get a 90 day plan with no talk, no data and no text ($25 / 90 days - $6 for auto pay) but add a 400 minute add on ($15) once or twice a year? 
  • If I referred them, would that count as a referral? (i.e. $2/month off)
  • If they get a text, and they don't have a plan with text, would they still receive it?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nebula, unfortunately this prepaid service doesn't offer by the minute plans and so it is likely not the most cost effective solution for a user profile that involves using minutes sparingly.  I would suggest shopping for a prepaid service that charges by the minute with the longest expiry.  Since this not a shopping forum, discussions of this nature is frowned upon.  If you like, we can take the discussion offline via private message and I can give you some advice based on what I know of the marketplace. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Nebula wrote:

Both my parents use either Telus or Fido and they top up their accounts with $10 every month just so that their minutes do not expire. I believe that its $0.15/min at Telus, so ~70 mins. They hardly ever call so their accounts are at $100+ since they have to top up to prevent the money from disappearing.

My questions are:

• Will they be able to get a 90 day plan with no talk, no data and no text ($25 / 90 days - $6 for auto pay) but add a 400 minute add on ($15) once or twice a year? 
  • If I referred them, would that count as a referral? (i.e. $2/month off)
  • If they get a text, and they don't have a plan with text, would they still receive it?

Thanks in advance!

As @NDesai mentioned your parents would need to choose at least one option (talk, text or data) to create a valid plan.

They would need at least the talk option if they want to add a talk add-on. To receive a text they need the text option in their plan.

If you are on a rewards eligible plan (legacy plans, activated before January 2015, are not eligible for rewards) you can earn $2/30days for referrals. Your number needs to be added at the time of sign-up.

(If your parents are only using their cell phone for emergencies there are economically better options out there. SpeakOuts minimum top-up is $25 and lasts 365 days, for example (relatively high pay per use prices, though...))

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Nebula Selecting no Talk, Text or Data would not be a valid plan. So no, you cannot have a plan without anything. 

Need Help? Let's chat.