cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired and not able to make payment using Credit card

ks2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Plan got expired yesterday and not able to make any payment. Moderators are not replying to my messages. Awesome service lol

16 REPLIES 16

ks2

@rosieThey have a landline and actually they were out on the first day their plan expired and they were not able to call anyone. Yesterday, finally I asked them to get a plan voucher from Walmart. Still, no mods have responded to my query.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ks2 auto-pay isn't reliable, probably never will be... you have the ability to make this service reliable, but you need to counteract auto-pay. I have been managing my services by having "available funds" in my account for the system to withdraw from. never had any issues on my renewal date.

*you will still qualify for the $2 discount for auto-pay. I also tell my parents to manage their accounts this way. it's bulletproof

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ks2 wrote:

@Jb456Its the plan only expired and nothing is working. I am a geek and I have textnow, fongo and other applications. As i mentioned, its my parents (i am in another province) and they are old. For them, its the service which which matters. They get important calls and stuffs and they can't afford to be out of network for two days.

PM is prepaid service.  Sometime, autopay failure will stop payment which will stop your parents' phone service.  We learned to add fund to account before the renewal date to ensure payment on the renewal date.  You will get the $2 autopay credit as long as autopay is enabled even no fund is taken from the autopay credit card.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ks2 wrote:

@Jb456Its the plan only expired and nothing is working. I am a geek and I have textnow, fongo and other applications. As i mentioned, its my parents (i am in another province) and they are old. For them, its the service which which matters. They get important calls and stuffs and they can't afford to be out of network for two days.

Hi @ks2 I am also old, not a techie (far from it lol), and my adult children live in another province.  That's why I never let go of my landline.  Don't your parents have a landline anymore?  for emergency at least such as running out of battery, misplacing their cell phone etc etc.  The old reliable landline is the answer for me.  maybe for your parents too?

The only reason I have a cell phone is I love texting.  short and sweet.  Cheers!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ks2  You have every right to be upset

Hopefully Public Mobile fixes their Payment issues soon. 😟

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ks2 understand. The reason I asked if you can check the last 4 digits of the SIM card to see if they match is because your parents may have possibly been sim jacked. There had been a few recently!

As for everything else only moderators can assist you and you'd have to wait for them to respond. We are only customers like you.

You could try picking up a voucher at a corner store or gas stations and see if you're able to apply it to the account.

I'd still try to check if the last 4 digits of the sim match the one in the account.

Hope they respond to you soon.

ks2

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ks2 

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ks2 is it just calls that don't work or everything?

If everything log into the account and click change sim card. Green Arrow on pic below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you the last 4 digits of sim card. Now take the sim out of the phone and see if the last 4 match. 

Do they?

Also in the interim while this gets sorted out consider downloading the TEXTNOW app. You'll get a Canadian number in your area and can make calls, text for free to Canada and USA numbers over wifi (or data) the other person does not need the app like others(WhatsApp, messenger, etc). 

ks2

I totally understand and I should wait for 48 hours. But when your main number is expired and you are not getting any calls or anything. I don't think you will have patience. Since yesterday sent numerous messages and no one is replying over private messages.

I am on a public mobile and these two number belongs to my parents. After experiencing this it feels like i should switch all these numbers.

ks2

I have two numbers, both are on auto pay. Got a message few days back that congratulations on your payment. And since yesterday, not able to call. Checked online and found out that its expired. Tried to make payment using same card and another one. And it failed.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ks2 wrote:

Plan got expired yesterday and not able to make any payment. Moderators are not replying to my messages. Awesome service lol

Try calling 611 from your phone to add fund to you account using your autopay cc.

If calling 611 failed to reactivate your account, purchase a PM topup voucher at Shell gas station and add fund to your account and get your phone working ASAP.

Create a support ticket to ask moderator to fix your account so that it does not happen again.

Jukebox

@ks2  Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you may be having issues with contacting the mod team

they are usual fast but please allow at least 48 hours.

All you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.

• Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

• You can buy voucher from a store or ding.com

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reactivate-a-suspended-plan

In case your ticket got missed

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Best of luck

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Is it your payment due date or tomorrow possibly?

Are you on autopay?

At renewal time your account goes like this.

• Active to expired
  • Expired to suspended with this note
  • Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

• Suspended back to active when system updates after collecting your payment.

Is you service working? And are you on auto-pay? If so let the process run on its own.

You can always go buy a voucher at a corner store or gas station.

You can then add it through your account or by dialling 611. If you have a card registered you can also make a payment by 611.

Places you can get a voucher on link below.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

If not contact moderators to look into the matter.

Simon.JPG

Or private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Standard response time is 24/48 hours but usually quicker. So if you already contacted them be patient till they respond to you in your private inbox on community forums. The envelope top right.

ks2

Went to mobile store, they were not able to help. Going to walmart to buy one and see how it goes. But this shows how unreliable public mobile service is.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@ks2 You can buy voucher from a store or ding.com. You'll still need to fix the card issue but plan will work again.

Need Help? Let's chat.