cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

MountainMomM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I just changed my plan as I had a very old one and not getting good value for money. The page stated I need to pay before changing so I did, expecting that there would be a credit for the unused portion placed on my account. I went through all of the steps, never with a warning or note that popped up to tell me that I forfeit  $90 for changing my plan right away. 

After finalizing I checked my account expecting to see a credit but nothing was there. Then I found your post @srlawren . Is there any way to reverse this action? I'm pretty upset right now that they can set up cute little notes like "Good things come to people who wait." Yet there is not a single note telling you that you will not be credited for the amount you have already paid for! 

Thank you for your time,

M

6 REPLIES 6

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I’m sorry you’ve been here for years and still don’t understand prepaid. 

srlawren

@MountainMomM unfortunately I don't have much pull, if any.  I'll raise this up regardless, as I agree that it's not very clear currently.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

You're saying you have many years of loyality... do not throw that away without thinking.

For every year of loyality you have, you will receive $1 of credit each 30 days of active service, upto $5 per 30 days of active service.  So if this is year 3 right now, you will receive $2 per 30 days.

Think long and hard.  I don't know how long you've been here, but your past non-reward plan loyality will help you get further savings immediately.

MountainMomM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. I have sent them a message and hope that they will credit the money I have already paid. If not I will be leaving PM after many years as a loyal customer. If you have any pull with the "powers that be" please ask them to add some more information to the change plan process. A simple line of text above the change now button would suffice. 

srlawren

@MountainMomM I agree that it's not entirely clear that you're going to end up forfeitting what you've already paid.  I do wish there was better messaging around that.  Or, even better, that you could just change your plan right away and pay the pro-rated difference, but unfortunately that's not how the system currently works (nor do I know of any plans for them to implement that idea.)

I think your best bet is to send a polite request to the moderator team via private message (click here to compose them a private message).  Include your phone number and details of the plan change and that you didn't know you would lose what you'd already paid but not used.  I don't know for sure if they will be able to do anything for you, but it's worth asking.

For future reference, as @Rockdaddy22, it's best never to assume anything.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you weren't sure you could alwasy ask here in the community.  Had you done that, you would have heard back very quickly that you'd be losing $ in the process.  But I know, everyone is busy and we all make assumptions, consciously or unconsciously.  Anyway, sorry again, and I hope the moderators can help. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

Unfortunately it’s a prepaid service, so you do lose any unused portion. 

Of course if you politely ask a moderator/customer service rep they might be able to help you. Please send them a detailed private message explaining your situation, they might be able to help. It’s definitely a learning lesson for anyone who reads this thread in the future. 

Need Help? Let's chat.