cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

trooperp3a
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I requested upgrade to 4g plan with 6 gigs of data to take effect on my billing date. The billing date came and went and my plan remained the same. So I switched plans immediately as only one day had gone by. I was billed 50.85 immediately for the new plan and never got to apply my $6.00 in rewards and in fact may have lost them. Not too cool!

6 REPLIES 6

trooperp3a

ticket submitted. Thank you

trooperp3a

Thank you for the help. I succssfully submitted a ticket. I'm sure we eill get it workde out.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Something doesn't sound right. It does sound like the plan never changed. If it had then you would not have been able to re-do the same plan. Did you pay overnight automatically for the new plan amount? Then you said you paid again. So do you see two plan charges in your payment history? Or one for the old plan and now one for the new?

The rewards should have paid in anyway. Check your payment history for that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@trooperp3a  - you may not have noticed the plan change the first time due to your My Account holding the old information from your previous cycle...so could have been a cache/refresh issue.

But yes, if you just Change Plans immediately prior to a scheduled renewal, then you need to pay the full amount again (no prorating).

Since there seemed to be some confusion as to what you thought may have happened submit a ticket to CSA and see if they can fix this for you.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@trooperp3a   My Account sometimes shows cached info and not live.  You usually need to use Incognito mode to get the latest plans details.   

Also, if PM already renewed your plan with the old one (so , they charged you old plan price), and you went back to make a request to change plan now, it will charge you a second time on the new plan.  The end result could be that you got charged twice on the same day.  Please check your credit card to confirm if that was the case

But no worry, PM usually understand this and will refund you one of the charge.  So, just open ticket with them and sort it out.    

In terms of Change plan now without applying reward, this is normal if you click "Change plan now" when you change plan.  That's why it is usually better to use the other option "Change plan on the renewal date"

Anyway, open ticket with PM support to sort out the plan change/payment issue if you see them charged you twice today

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.