cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

DC5787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I joined public mobile earlier this month, and now I am interested in the boxing day promo plan. Can I change to that plan with no penalty?

Cheers,

9 REPLIES 9

DC5787

thanks and I will try

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, there's no refunds; as mentioned what you can do to avoid losing some money is always to "Change on Renewal".

Cheetah24

"Change on Renewal" means that your plan will be renewed for the new plan which you selected on the next renewal date. For example say I have a plan which is $25 dollars which I've subscribed today (Dec 26th). So it runs from Dec 26th to January 25th midnight. So if say on January 14th I do a subscription change to a $34 plan and select "Change on Renewal" that means the new $34 dollar plan doesn't apply on the 14th of January but rather on January 25th midnight (on the next renewal or billing date).

This has the benefit that you don't have to pay extra to change the plan. While if you choose to change to the new plan right now (January 14th that is) then on that day you'll be charged the full cost of the new subscription and your billing cycle would change from January 14th to February 14th.

DC5787

So do you mean no pro-rated refund if I change the plan within the service period...

DC5787

Thanks but what's the meaning of "Change on Renewal"?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The best way to see your options, @DC5787 , is to log into your self-serve to view the available plan selections from your plan list.

There will be the regular plans, the Boxing Day ones, and perhaps an Exclusive offering there.

If they display on that plan list in your self serve, than you can select from them.

Again, choose NEXT RENEWAL as opposed to IMMEDIATE to avoid losing pre-paid funds.

Brandini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Absolutely! Infact I jut changed it. You can also choose to have it change on renewal if you dont want it immediately or your plan is renewing within a couple of days (based on your preferance). Hope this helps!

Andy85

hi @DC5787,

There are no penalties if you select the right right options. To avoid losing your money on the previous plan you purchased, you can change your plan to the one you prefer, but choose the option for “Change on Renewal”. This will ensure that you don’t miss out on the good deal and do not lose the remaining days left on your current billing cycle on your current plan.

The steps to take are as follows after logging into your account:

Step 1: click on Subscriptions and Add-ons

Step 2: click on Change Subscription

Andy85_0-1703623067612.png

Step 3: Select the plan of your choice and click on Change on Renewal

Andy85_1-1703623067616.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DC5787 

Since this is a pre paid service, you can change plans every 30 days as much as you want. No penalties. The most important fact to know is if you want to change your plan, make sure it's set to change for the renewal date and not instant. You will lose money if you do it for now. Also, you must make sure the plan you want is for existing customers. If the plan is only for new customers, you will not be able to get it. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.