cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change not successful and cellurar data is not working

deepblueglass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

My wife switched her plan from 6GB per 90days for $120 plan to the new 4G 4GB plan yesterday.

The 90 days billing cycle was Jul 16 - Sep 14.

She did "change plan on renewal date" yesterday (on Sep  14) and the plan and add on page said the new plan would start on Sep 14.

Today she said the cellular data is not working at all and when I receive phone calls from her, it suddenly says no caller id.

I checked her account and the plan still says $120 6GB but the billing end date is simply extended to Oct 14.

In the payment history page I can see the amount for 4G 4GB per 30days has been debited today (Sep 15).

Thank you

29 REPLIES 29

madeehac

My issue was finally resolved after 3 days.  Public mobile refunded me 3.50 for the 3 days I didn't get service plus a dollar fifty for the inconvenience 🙄 This tells me everything about what they think of their customers.  I had received e-transfers via sms plus other texts.  None of those came through.  Their response to that was to ask the people to resend the e transfers.. very pathetic response. Unfortunately Canada only has a small set of garbage cell phone providers to choose from

madeehac

@dust2dust agreed 😞

@madeehac- The customer at the top here said they got it done in less than an hour.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Plan-change-not-successful-and-cellurar-d...

I'm thinking more and more that the old school, expert, knowledgeable, experienced technicians have all retired or been let go leaving the place to a bunch of newbie greenhorns that barely have clue.

madeehac

They are telling me it could take a few more days. I don't understand if it's a known issue why they can't figure out how to resolve it. It's also been bounced to another support team.

@madeehac- While yes legally they can do whatever they want whenever they want with 30 days "notice - very loose definition around here" but this current mess up is beyond the pale. You should eventually be returned to how you were. The complaint department is actually the C C T S. But yes they primarily have the providers filling their pockets.

madeehac

@dust2dust well that would be really disappointing if they are only giving me a gig since they got the money for 3GB. I'm feeling quite hopeless and thinking this will have to be a CRTC complaint.. but I think the CRTC will be about as helpful as Public Mobile 😕

@madeehac- What a mess. I would "trust" the private mode output for this at this moment. But now how the heck are you on the $25 plan? Jeez this company these days.

madeehac

@dust2dust it definitely said 3G because I kept looking at both of them to figure out what the catch was lol

I tried going into private mode and there it shows my plan as $25 for 1GB at 3G even though I already paid for the 3GB 😕  When I go in through my regular browser, it shows my plan as $40 for 3GB at 3G but shows my data usage OMB used and 1024MB left, so it's all mixed up

@madeehac- That plan thing might be related to the terrible caching and incorrect information this new system is on. Maybe it was lying to you about being a $40 plan. Did it possibly say 5GB? Then you went about wanting to change it of course and here you are. And it's still lying to you. Try those spinner icons. Or use private mode.

@madeehac    Thanks for clarifying and I agree that you shouldn't be seeing your plan being switched unless you've made the change yourself.  Definitely, something for customer to take a look at and correct and perhaps offer something for your troubles, IMO.

madeehac

@dabr it wasn't a limited time discount because I still have the option of changing back to the $35 plan (which is what got me into this mess). I don't know why there are two plans for 3GB at 3G at different prices and why it keeps changing me back to the more expensive plan

@madeehac    Send another ticket or private message as that's far too long to wait for a response.  I know they're probably dealing with a flood of tickets since this glitch seems to be affecting many customers, but that's no excuse to not receive anything.

As to the price increase, that sounds unusual because PM does have to give, at minimum, 30 days notice.  You weren't receiving some limited discount (perhaps RAF $5) which has now dropped off?

madeehac

@dust2dust I previously had $35 for 3GB at 3G, then I noticed my plan was showing as $40 for 3GB at 3G. So I changed it back to the $35 one (because why would I want to pay $5 more for the exact same thing lol) .. then after the renewal date I ran into this issue.  And I also noticed that my plan is back to showing as $40 for 3GB at 3G, and I still have the option to change back to $35 for 3GB at 3G but I don't want to lose service again next month

@madeehac- Did you change your plan? You're saying the plan had changed somehow? And now you're in the plan change problem. One would have to hope beyond all hope that they would fix this issue. But they're rapidly losing customers.

What plan did you have before? What plan is showing after you click the little spinner refresh icons lower down?

madeehac

Has anyone had any luck getting their service restored? I'm going on 3 days and very frustrated that it's taking this long! I also noticed that they bumped my plan price up $5 (for the same service) with no notice or explanation. The plan is still available for $5 cheaper but I'm afraid to change it back in case I run into this same issue next month.

KL7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Up until now: negative…

I have signal bars activated, though 4G data won't activate, phone calls done by myself are received as private calls as well, and I don't receive SMS from contacts. My contacts cannot call me too… 

Also restarted phone multiple times, managed the APNs + preferred network mode, removed the SIM card & rebooted phone, tested personal SIM card into another phone & guess what…

There was no connection! Unfortunately… 

HI @KL7   

so, is your service working now?  just not the 4G speed?  there was another post today about plan change but end up with no service at all.  But with that, CS agent has restored the service for the person.

KL7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Also switched plan a few days ago to see how it would perform under new speed. Unfortunately, only this morning had I had my connection cut off at its time of renewal. Seems like a problem trending among Public Mobile users.

Been chatting with customer service team to see if they can troubleshoot the issue, but no results for restoring my connection back ever since.

Been told the same that it could take up to 72 hours for technical support team to troubleshoot the problem. Guess we'll just have to wait & see what's going to happen in their end… 

self solution removed

madeehac

I sent a message but am told that it could take up to 72 hours. I was also told that they do not provide refunds, which I find bizarre that they would collect money, not provide service, and still feel entitled to keep that money. They said they would make an exception in my case and provide a refund on the days I don't receive service, but I think everyone who is not getting service should be requesting it.  It's really not about the money (I would much rather my family be able to reach me especially in an emergency!), but hopefully if enough people request a refund, they will be quicker to resolve these types of issues.

deepblueglass

Customer service quickly resolved the issue after I submitted a ticket through the link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  that @dabr provided.

The agent said he refreshed the plan and the service resumed after rebooting the phone.

Thank you everyone for your help

deepblueglass

Resting network settings and removing and inserting the sim back didn't solve the issue.

The wrong plan shown in the plan and add on has been fixed by using the refreshing button and logging back in.

I just submitted a ticket through the link provided by @dabr 

Thank you very much

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@elishajonesy, @madeehac - Please see above reply from dabr for the other method of contacting the support people. This seems to be a trending problem. It has been going on for a couple days now.

@deepblueglass  & @madeehac   If submitting a ticket didn't work, try sending a private message instead to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could also try power off the phone and removing the SIM and back after couple of minutes. Or try putting it into

another compatible phone and reboot and back to your phone and reboot.

madeehac

I'm having the same issue.. 2nd day without the service that I'm paying for. It's also showing a higher plan price that what I signed up for.  Sounds like a lot of people are having this issue.  Public Mobile should be refunding everyone for all the days they are not getting service. 

elishajonesy

This is also happening with me, as for I just switched my plan over. Might be the service? 
I will let you know if I find a solution. 

deepblueglass

Rebooting didn't resolve the issue. 

It's also strange that calls from her don't show the caller id since the plan change.

I tried to submit a ticket but the login in the submit a ticket page is failing even though I enter valid id and password for the community.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@deepblueglass 

There is a known glitch in the new My account page. When customers change plans, it shows the old cached version of the plan.  If the refreshing does not work, you can try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Then it should show the new plan.  

As for data not working, that usually should not be affected with the glitch. Maybe try rebooting the phone or network reset of phone. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click the little spinner refresh icons lower down to see if proper information shows up.

You're yet another of this problem. Click the chatbot link at the bottom and contact the support people

Need Help? Let's chat.